Discovery (VAM 33) Oct 2012 by B. Fogleberg, Revised (with new VAM 4A designation) April-2013 by Juan Arrioja
4A III2 4 C3a (Doubled 18-7, Die File Lines UNITED) )190) I-3 R-5
Obverse III2 4 - Doubled 18-7 with 18 at bottom, left 8 also at top inside of lower loop and 7 across top with vertical spike above left serif on EDS specimens. Date set further left than normal. Die marker- Tiny die chip at left center of cotton leaf to right of cotton bolls.
Reverse C3a - LDS shows faint die file lines at crack thru UNITED and left star.
This coin is VSS Certified as a VAM-4A
- This coin is PCGS Certified as MS63
- The Date is positioned further left than is normal.
- The digits of the Date are doubled as described.
- The Obverse Die Marker is present.
- This coin is clashed slightly. Small wing clash mark on Liberty's neck line, beginnings of a clash line on the Eagle's right wing, and faint Hair Vee clash between Eagle's left wing and Right Wreath Cluster 1 and 2.
- Collaboration by:rtm/rmg/lae2.
This is the LDS of the VAM-4A as the 7 doesn't show a vertical spike above the left serif that is present on the Early Die State of that VAM, and die file lines can be seen between the "O" of ONE and "U" of UNITED. The file lines are clearly seen between the "O" and "U", but difficult to see from that point on.