1881-O VAM-33B Doubled Ear, Clashed Obverse In & st Reverse M
This coin is a WOW! Morgan VAM.
33B III2 22 - C3a (Doubled Ear, Clashed Obverse In & st Reverse M) (176) I-3 R-6
Obverse III2 22 - Strong second die clash almost exactly on top of first one strengthening the clashed letters so that IN shows next to neck.
Die marker - Rough diagonal line in front of eye.
1. Dies received strong second clash almost on top of first one making clashed letters bolder with IN now at neck. Made this die state 33B since it added clashed letter I. Really STRONG clashed IN and ST!
2. More Photos of this variety 81-O V33B Hi-Res Photos - a lot of large images. you've been warned. lol
3. OCC large images below show a coin that was submitted to LVA 2014 to confirm there is no "U" from trust in the hair since ST are so strong. No noticeable doubling on either bottom of 88. No collar clash listable on said coin on either side of the obverse abutting rim cuds. The doubling ear bottom was confirmed.
4. The Coin imaged on this page was submitted to Vampicker via ANACS in early 2014.
5. Doubled Ear Varieties : VAM-27, VAM-30, VAM-33, VAM-33B , VAM-40, VAM-45, VAM-50 , VAM-50A
LVA Plate Photos:
Full Coin Photos
2 copyrighted© images below on loan to VAMworld courtesy of oldcollectorcoins