1921-P VAM-84 Quadrupled Left Stars, Doubled Phrygian Cap, Scribbling Die Scratches
84 IV65 - D1a (Quadrupled Left Stars, Doubled Phrygian Cap, Scribbling Die Scratches) (190) I-2 R-5
Obverse IV 65- Slightly quadrupled left stars, below 1's top crossbar and EP toward rim. Slightly doubled and tripled right stars, 92 loops, top of Phrygian cap and front of LIBERTY band and hair.
Reverse D1a- Fine die scratches in various directions on over polished tail feathers around eagle's right leg and between eagle's left wing and body. Die marker - Die gouges right outside of wreath bow.
- LDS obverse has peripheral cracks through left stars with a chip between stars 5 and 6
- LDS reverse does not show scribble scratches, but retains the scratch at the inside of the left wreath near the U in UNITED
- The description leaves out a number of features on this coin. These are original notes. Unable to match it to any known varieties, it was sent to Van Allen. 1921-P A. tripled date, top cross bar both 1's, left side 92
- tripled stars left and right, front hair & cap slightly dbl'ed ( vam 20 ?, 64 ) couple dots in E of LIBERTY
- slightly doubled profile ( close to vam 44 )
- LLAR of tripled/quadrupled, Shifted denticles at bottom, tripled O of ONE
- heavy polish marks, very worn die, UNITED doubled, slight doubling of left wreath by UNI
- dupe alert with VAM 115