1921-P VAM-3AW2 Clashed Obverse n & st
Discovered by David Close, November 2006, Resequenced 2012.
3AW2 IV 1 · D2a (Clashed Obverse n & st) (189) I-2 R-5
Obverse IV 1– Clashed die with faint partial incuse n of In from reverse next to Liberty head neck. Widely spaced double diagonal clash lines from neck higher than VAM 3AR. Partial faint incuse st of Trust from reverse showing in right hair vee of lower hair edge. Very slightly doubled left and right stars and date.
1. See below for and image of the dot which, again, is distinct from the dot for VAM-9 and [[1921-P VAM-18|VAM-18], and image of die file lines. If you have an example of the earlier die state, the VAM-3AW1, please visit that page and note if your example has the dot. Thank you.
2. See VAM-58A Dot Above TE, Clashed Obverse n and VAM-3AR Clashed Obverse n. all very similar.
3. In 2017 it was determined that VAM-58A/VAM-3AR/VAM-70 were all the same die pair and was a clashed I from the VAM-24B2 obverse, and not a clashed n.
4. This stage also comes single clashed with just the "I" clash.
LVA Plate Photos:
- 1921-P VAM-3AW2 Clashed I at neck.jpg
Clashed I at neck.
See VAM-3AW1 for the base markers with scribbles.