Difference between revisions of "1891-O VAM-1A4"
Latest revision as of 08:37, 21 June 2020
1891-O VAM-1A4 Clashed Obverse D & O, Reverse BERT, Die Gouge AT
Discovery 2013 Russ James
III2 - C3a (Clashed Obverse D & O, Reverse BERT, Die Gouge AT)(181) I-5 R-5
Obverse III2 1 - Fine vertical polishing lines on clash mark in front of forehead.
Reverse C2a - Two small diagonal die gouges between AT in STATES. Occurs after V-1a1 die clash but before V-1a2 die break.
1. One other thing Leroy missed is this coin has a very rusty reverse die.
2. So the order in progression is:
- 1st VAM-1A1 Clash
- 2nd VAM-1A4 Clash Polishing and gouge
- 3rd VAM-1A2 Depression to Bump
- 4th VAM-1A3 Terminal break on Bump with non-displaced radial break from UNITED
- VAM-1A1 Through 1A4
3. This is a very grade sensitive variety in all 4 VAMs; AU-58 and up are extremely Rare, and VAM-1A3 is just as rare in any AU grade.
1. Russ's coin LVA 2013
LVA Plate Photos:
Full Coin Photos
Discovery Coin From Twohawks, Large Full Coin of VAM-1A4 Images By RUSS and Attribution By 'Leroy Van Allen'
Discovery Coin PCGS MS-63 cert 28574476