SSDC set registry question- Rotated dies

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
playtime1

SSDC set registry question- Rotated dies

Post by playtime1 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:25 pm

This might be a John Coxe question. I had a nearly completed Morgan rotated die set. I no longer see it , or anyone’s. John, could you please recreate the rotated die set if you somehow deleted it? Thanks.
JL

alefzero

Re: SSDC set registry question- Rotated dies

Post by alefzero » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:10 am

Someone disabled it. I believe it was because we really have no way to make it work honestly. The VAMs in the set only come sometimes significantly rotated but anyone could populate it with the VAMs listed regardless, making it unfair for those with genuinely rotated dies. I suppose we could insist that any competing set would require 100% imaging in holders to confirm their appropriateness. Then the slots should be locked so that automatic rebuilds wouldn't inadvertently put a higher grade one form inventory in a slot, while it might not be rotated.

playtime1

Post by playtime1 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:23 am

I would have no problem requiring pictures to verify the authenticity of the rotated set. Unfortunately, if people want to deliberately misrepresent their coins in any set, without the full picture requirement, the authenticity of any set is questionable.

PacificWR

Post by PacificWR » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:15 pm

playtime1 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:23 am
I would have no problem requiring pictures to verify the authenticity of the rotated set. Unfortunately, if people want to deliberately misrepresent their coins in any set, without the full picture requirement, the authenticity of any set is questionable.
Sounds good to me.

LateDateMorganGuy

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:20 pm

The "Honor" system has always been in play at the SSDC Registry.

alefzero

Post by alefzero » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:15 pm

Re-enabled the set. Looks like a couple are fully imaged and one is only missing one image. Two others should have images to compete as public sets.

The archiving of retired sets will be on hold for a bit as I am just too busy to work that. If I get some clear skies one day, I'll get that in. Otherwise, once the book is done (Pre-FUN), it should get knocked out.

playtime1

Post by playtime1 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:34 pm

Thanks JC for your help bringing the set back. :D