Morgan Silver Dollar VAMS - Pricing

Ask about what your VAMs are worth here
Post Reply
Mustang2019
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:56 pm

Morgan Silver Dollar VAMS - Pricing

Post by Mustang2019 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:21 pm

Hi I became interested in VAM's the last three years and collecting Morgans' for more than 40 years. I am preparing to sell 500+ ANACS Authenticated and Graded Morgans. There are Top Pops, most Mint State, R5 - 6's, etc. Is there a source to get prices on these coins by grade? I would appreciate any HELP?
I understand at one time there was a Price Guide but have been told it is long outdated.
ANY and All HELP is appreciated!
Thank You - Lucian

User avatar
mikev50
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:35 pm

Re: Morgan Silver Dollar VAMS - Pricing

Post by mikev50 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:17 pm

pcgs website lists alot of vams in their price guide---

VamHelsing
Posts: 740
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:14 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Morgan Silver Dollar VAMS - Pricing

Post by VamHelsing » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:09 pm

Probably best to create an Excel spreadsheet. Then anyone can view it
and help you with pricing.

DHalladay
Posts: 1953
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: Morgan Silver Dollar VAMS - Pricing

Post by DHalladay » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:32 pm

mikev50 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:17 pm
pcgs website lists alot of vams in their price guide---

The Heritage Auction archives will be a source of many actual VAM sales, as opposed to the guesses PCGS makes.
When in doubt... don't.

Mustang2019
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:56 pm

Re: Morgan Silver Dollar VAMS - Pricing

Post by Mustang2019 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:21 pm

mikev50 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:17 pm
pcgs website lists alot of vams in their price guide---
HI and Thank You for the infor - I will check it out!

Mustang2019
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:56 pm

Re: Morgan Silver Dollar VAMS - Pricing

Post by Mustang2019 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:26 pm

VamHelsing wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:09 pm
Probably best to create an Excel spreadsheet. Then anyone can view it
and help you with pricing.
Thanks for the suggestion - I do have a full spreadsheet with all info (Date, MM, Grade, Auth#, Vam#)
So I will get on line and see what I can find - Kindly Lucian

Mustang2019
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:56 pm

Re: Morgan Silver Dollar VAMS - Pricing

Post by Mustang2019 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:27 pm

Mustang2019 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:26 pm
VamHelsing wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:09 pm
Probably best to create an Excel spreadsheet. Then anyone can view it
and help you with pricing.
Thanks for the suggestion - I do have a full spreadsheet with all info (Date, MM, Grade, Auth#, Vam#)
So I will get on line and see what I can find - Kindly Lucian

Just a thought - do I post the list without pricing and ask for prices?

colwillys
Posts: 861
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:39 pm

Re: Morgan Silver Dollar VAMS - Pricing

Post by colwillys » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:48 pm

Post with your asking price .. Any Peace dollars .

Mustang2019
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:56 pm

Re: Morgan Silver Dollar VAMS - Pricing

Post by Mustang2019 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:35 pm

colwillys wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:48 pm
Post with your asking price .. Any Peace dollars .
Hi and Thank You for the reply. I do not have any Peace Dollars that are Vam'ed, but I have many.
I will go through these in due time, but not now.
Lucian

Mustang2019
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:56 pm

Re: Morgan Silver Dollar VAMS - Pricing

Post by Mustang2019 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:38 pm

Mustang2019 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:35 pm
colwillys wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:48 pm
Post with your asking price .. Any Peace dollars .
Hi and Thank You for the reply. I do not have any Peace Dollars that are Vam'ed, but I have many.
I will go through these in due time, but not now.
Lucian
On another note - I do not have a good idea of prices and have gone to eBay and Heritage to get some ideas - if I post the prices without research - I would probably be wrong.
Once I have researched all prices I will post them.
Thank All for insight!!! :)

VamHelsing
Posts: 740
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:14 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Morgan Silver Dollar VAMS - Pricing

Post by VamHelsing » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:08 pm

Mustang2019 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:27 pm
Mustang2019 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:26 pm
VamHelsing wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:09 pm
Probably best to create an Excel spreadsheet. Then anyone can view it
and help you with pricing.
Thanks for the suggestion - I do have a full spreadsheet with all info (Date, MM, Grade, Auth#, Vam#)
So I will get on line and see what I can find - Kindly Lucian

Just a thought - do I post the list without pricing and ask for prices?
Guess I was a little unclear... What I would do it create the spread sheet and
then ask if anyone wants one to help with the pricing. If they are willing
you can just email them. I'll try to help if you can provide the sheet.

Mustang2019
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:56 pm

Re: Morgan Silver Dollar VAMS - Pricing

Post by Mustang2019 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:05 pm

Hi and I thank all about the advice on posting the list and getting prices. I just came back from vacation and will post the list this coming week.
Kindly Lucian

morganman
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:02 am

Re: Morgan Silver Dollar VAMS - Pricing

Post by morganman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:48 pm

Heres what i use as a general guide-= I use 2015 vamview Retail price suggestion - MINUS
50% FOR COMMON NO PREMIUM VAMS

For better to great vams i check SSDC populations----- check sales from Heritage- E BAY- ETC

Deduck 20% from retail for PCGS/NGC = Wholesale Value Anacs deduct avg 30% for WHSLE

tHOUSANDS OF VAMS CARRY LITTLE TO NO PREMIUM OVER NUMISMEDIA,COM RETAIL PRICE LIST
PCGS price list is inflated and almost worthless
I find numismedia.com realistic & i hate the dealer greysheet with the blue sheet totally worthless
and lacking common sense for poor sellers/for dealers to line pockets with profits (terrible)
Our SSDC pres ASH Harrison is working on a vam price guide, but im sure he is struggling with
many issues as he advances. Hope he is able to develop a reasonable guide, withot going crazy LOL
_












)
:|

Post Reply