General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
This seems to have the die files lines and pitting between I and B in LIBERTY. Maybe VAM-1AU. Only one photo on the VW 1AU page and it's tough to tell whether I have a match. There is raised metal and a dot on top of the hair bun left of the T with heavy die file lines all around it. I don't know if the this is a 1AU and if it is whether the raised metal is a diagnostic.
- 1923-S upper obv.jpg (110.63 KiB) Viewed 1248 times
- 1923-S pitting around I.jpg (141.76 KiB) Viewed 1248 times
- 1923-S die file lines & pitted I-B.jpg (156.28 KiB) Viewed 1248 times
- 1923-S metal atop hair.jpg (146.49 KiB) Viewed 1248 times
- 1923-S obv.jpg (163.92 KiB) Viewed 1248 times
There was someone in San Fran in 1923 who seemed to get carried away A LOT with the file... so many 23-S dies with crazy file lines. I've got about 3 on my desk now that I am trying to match up.
I swear, someday I will learn how to grade Peace Dollars!