whats a 1881 o VAM 33B worth?

Ask about what your VAMs are worth here
Post Reply
JASONKFLO
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am
Location: EMMETT IDAHO

whats a 1881 o VAM 33B worth?

Post by JASONKFLO » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:01 pm

Does anyone know what AU-58/MS-61 TO 63 1881 O VAM 33B go for?
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

User avatar
bjsilverfox
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Re: whats a 1881 o VAM 33B worth?

Post by bjsilverfox » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:56 pm

A tough coin. I'm not sure very many have changed hands to get any kind of idea what the value might be. ANACS has only graded four of them, two 53's and two 55's. PCGS and NGC do not make a VAM designation for WOW List coins on their holders or population reports.

JASONKFLO
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am
Location: EMMETT IDAHO

Re: whats a 1881 o VAM 33B worth?

Post by JASONKFLO » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:07 pm

bjsilverfox wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:56 pm
A tough coin. I'm not sure very many have changed hands to get any kind of idea what the value might be. ANACS has only graded four of them, two 53's and two 55's. PCGS and NGC do not make a VAM designation for WOW List coins on their holders or population reports.
Thanks I figured it was a tough one
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

DHalladay
Posts: 2357
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: whats a 1881 o VAM 33B worth?

Post by DHalladay » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:06 am

I have zero 33B sales in my database (and only two 33As).
When in doubt... don't.

JASONKFLO
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am
Location: EMMETT IDAHO

Re: whats a 1881 o VAM 33B worth?

Post by JASONKFLO » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:10 am

DHalladay wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:06 am
I have zero 33B sales in my database (and only two 33As).
Thanks
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

User avatar
impairedsquirrel
Posts: 717
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 2:42 pm
Location: Happy Valley, USA

Re: whats a 1881 o VAM 33B worth?

Post by impairedsquirrel » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:24 pm

Yup, SUPER tough! This is one of those where one is found every couple years, maybe?
I was lucky enough to pick one in Baltimore a few years ago, but other than the one that was gifted to me, that's the only one I've ever encountered.
On a side note, it kind of amazes me how some of these super clashers can be deemed "common" and drop in value...
VAMs like the 01-O v25a and 90-O v1b (in the AWESOME state) rarely get big premiums, but how often do we hear about one being found? Once a year?
Hopefully all the stock market money that's EXPLODING the trading card market makes its way into our hobby soon...
Side note 2: 33a is now 50a and is common enough to not give much thought to. Usually would see a few at any bigger show.
I go totally NUTS for WOW! VAMs!! Or is that from WOW! VAMs?

JASONKFLO
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am
Location: EMMETT IDAHO

Re: whats a 1881 o VAM 33B worth?

Post by JASONKFLO » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:29 am

impairedsquirrel wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:24 pm
Yup, SUPER tough! This is one of those where one is found every couple years, maybe?
I was lucky enough to pick one in Baltimore a few years ago, but other than the one that was gifted to me, that's the only one I've ever encountered.
On a side note, it kind of amazes me how some of these super clashers can be deemed "common" and drop in value...
VAMs like the 01-O v25a and 90-O v1b (in the AWESOME state) rarely get big premiums, but how often do we hear about one being found? Once a year?
Hopefully all the stock market money that's EXPLODING the trading card market makes its way into our hobby soon...
Side note 2: 33a is now 50a and is common enough to not give much thought to. Usually would see a few at any bigger show.
Yes I picked a 50A recently I believe
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

User avatar
ljs123
Posts: 1555
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:16 pm

Re: whats a 1881 o VAM 33B worth?

Post by ljs123 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:49 pm

I'm not sure. All I can say is a little more than my AU-55.
Sorry that I can't help more.

JASONKFLO
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am
Location: EMMETT IDAHO

Re: whats a 1881 o VAM 33B worth?

Post by JASONKFLO » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:23 pm

yes Lee , I asked this before we talked about your 55 I believe . I now understand they are probably all more than I can afford haha
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

User avatar
messydesk
Site Admin
Posts: 2927
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 1:57 am

Re: whats a 1881 o VAM 33B worth?

Post by messydesk » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:53 am

Super tough and cool. I can't help on the value/price, simply because there isn't any data. Through helping @HawkeEye with his 81-O die study, I found that VAMs 16 and 33B are the two 81-Os that have both rarity and coolness working for them.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.


User avatar
HawkeEye
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:30 pm
Location: North Georgia
Contact:

Re: whats a 1881 o VAM 33B worth?

Post by HawkeEye » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:33 pm

Sorry I missed this question

I have only been able to find one of these and it was not identified as a 33B or it would have been much more expensive. I paid $50 for an MS62 but think it is worth much more. It is certainly more rare than the 1D or 5 and I think should be priced closer to a VAM 27, but as always an opinion not fact.

If a raw coin is $40, plus grading and postage adds $40, then the minimum value is probably in the $100 range for any grade. If I were selling mine I would probably work off the VAM 27 pricing (but I'm not selling of course). JB is right, it is super cool and super rare.
Deep in the woods of North Georgia

JASONKFLO
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am
Location: EMMETT IDAHO

Re: whats a 1881 o VAM 33B worth?

Post by JASONKFLO » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:17 am

thanks all
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

Post Reply