@ someone help

Post your testing feedback here, including problems and suggestions for improvement of forum features. I will look at this now and then and take action as appropriate.
ljs123

@ someone help

Post by ljs123 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:21 pm

I do not know how to get someone's attention by the "@ someone" method.
Would someone please leave instructions here so that I can use this method in the future?
I know of at least one other person that recently mentioned that he did not know how to do this, so I guess I'm not the only one left behind. :)
Thank you :P

andywoj00

Re: @ someone help

Post by andywoj00 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:20 pm

ljs123 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:21 pm
I do not know how to get someone's attention by the "@ someone" method.
Would someone please leave instructions here so that I can use this method in the future?
I know of at least one other person that recently mentioned that he did not know how to do this, so I guess I'm not the only one left behind. :)
Thank you :P
I believe that you place "mention" in brackets []no quotes, then the username, then [/mention] in the body of the message. I'm not sure what happens in order for the person to be notified. I don't use this very often. It would display in the message like @ljs123
Andy

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:39 pm

Method 1: Type @ followed immediately (no spaces) by starting their username. A drop-down will appear with choices. Click the one you want.

Method 2: Put their username between [mention] and [/mention], again with no spaces.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

ljs123

Post by ljs123 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:43 pm

Andy & JB,
Thank you