OT: The original 'Hot Lips'?

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
keilg1

OT: The original 'Hot Lips'?

Post by keilg1 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:03 am

Prompted by the wonderful post and pictures by @vampicker viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6831, I thought I'd add a bit of my own fun.

Here's a lovely lady, Hera, who, according to Wikipedia "is the goddess of marriage, women and family, and the protector of women during childbirth. In Greek mythology, she is queen of the twelve Olympians and Mount Olympus, sister and wife of Zeus, and daughter of the Titans Cronus and Rhea. One of her defining characteristics in myth is her jealous and vengeful nature in dealing with any who offend her, especially Zeus' numerous adulterous lovers and illegitimate offspring."

She was also known as an Ἀλέξανδρος (Alexandros) or 'Protector of Men', an Αἰγοφάγος (Aigophágos) or 'Goat-Eater'... and Βοῶπις (Boṓpis) or being 'Cow-Eyed' -- or 'Cow-Faced'.

One complicated lady... and one that had many facets to her, faces if you will, and not all of them complimentary (nor complementary for that matter).

Never heard of her being called 'two faced' like Janus (he was a Roman deity after all...), but she certainly appears that way on this coin. Hot lips, hot eyes and more...
Thermai Himeraiai Ca 367-333 rev details Hera doubling GR.jpg
Thermai Himeraiai Ca 367-333 rev details Hera doubling GR.jpg (125.09 KiB) Viewed 397 times

Hope you see her as attractive as I did when I purchased her.

fogie

Re: OT: The original 'Hot Lips'?

Post by fogie » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:55 pm

Very cool!

vampicker

Post by vampicker » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:30 pm

This can happen when you get hammered
often the crusher of hopes and dreams

morganman

Post by morganman » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:07 pm

Thats probally the gal that squirrel ran off with in that rusty shopping cart LOL
I think no teeth or hair as he had them pulled in frustration of no vams to pick
She is a dandy and i have signed and approved their marriage cert

:roll:
:|

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:54 pm

morganman wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:07 pm
Thats probally the gal that squirrel ran off with in that rusty shopping cart LOL
I think no teeth or hair as he had them pulled in frustration of no vams to pick
She is a dandy and i have signed and approved their marriage cert

:roll:
That would have been Κοπρο φάγος, easily identified by a vacant grin and bad breath.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.