Keep or return 1889-O V-13B

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
jtlee321

Re: Keep or return 1889-O V-13B

Post by jtlee321 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:49 pm

LateDateMorganGuy wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:55 pm
Just something to keep in mind. While you are standing on principle for this transaction, this won't change anything on Ebay. Although you will get some sort of personal satisfaction I guess.

Ebay exists (as every company does) to make money. They make money on volume sellers. Ebay will NOT stand on principle to somehow punish this seller or ban them.

Follow the $$$. That is the case with everything in life. I know folks don't like my posts in this regard, but it is reality.
Trust me, I know. It's like spitting in the ocean. What would be nice would be to find enough victims to start a class action against eBay for allowing this fraudulent activity to happen. They are ultimately responsible for what is sold on their platform. But again, this is unlikely to happen.

jtlee321

Post by jtlee321 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:49 am

Well I received my refund and left negative feedback. It does not show on the sellers feedback and it is not even on my left for others feedback. It seems eBay wants to turn a cheek to this sellers fraudulent listings. Pathetic!! Well, one thing is I know I will NEVER purchase from MorganDealer again.

demetri

Post by demetri » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:10 pm

This seller hurts all Morgan collectors, and really he is not much different than some of those shopping networks deceiving people. The best way is just don't do business with them. I'm new to Vams so I can appreciate your thinking, having a rare piece you can actually handle without fear of damage is nice too. Especially since you have a nice one already but 99 is a bit high. As a new vam collector I see your dilemma and feel for you. I buy counter stamped Morgan's one in a while as a novelty and some have cool history and I can hold them and feel the weight in my hand.

PickNGrin

Post by PickNGrin » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:58 pm

Return in a heartbeat. Thanks for the heads up!