A Pimple?

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
la_isla

A Pimple?

Post by la_isla » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:34 am

Still getting the hang of things. And haven't gotten a handle on the nomenclature.

I've got a 1878 Morgan S with what appears to be a pimple just below Liberty's ear lobe. It appears to have been there for a long time and looks like some sort of an impurity or bubble. Doesn't look like normal wear and it is in an odd spot. If done intentionally would have to be done by someone with a real flair for the understated and done a long time ago. So any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,
la_isla

https://flickr.com/photos/195028793@N06 ... d-friend//

Geseas

Re: A Pimple?

Post by Geseas » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:46 pm

la_isla wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:34 am
Still getting the hang of things. And haven't gotten a handle on the nomenclature.

I've got a 1878 Morgan S with what appears to be a pimple just below Liberty's ear lobe. It appears to have been there for a long time and looks like some sort of an impurity or bubble. Doesn't look like normal wear and it is in an odd spot. If done intentionally would have to be done by someone with a real flair for the understated and done a long time ago. So any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,
la_isla

https://flickr.com/photos/195028793@N06 ... d-friend//
I copied [impurity or bubble] and pasted it in the search here on site. search.php?keywords=impurity+or+bubble I clicked on messdesk jump to post.viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4101&p=35561&hilit= ... ble#p35561

I then got sidetracked with a search [poke it with a stick] I hope this is of some help. May be able to eliminate a planchet defect.

la_isla

Re: A Pimple?

Post by la_isla » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:39 am

Yes, it looks like mine been popped.
Thanks for the direction. There are so many ways to get side tracked here. A detectives dream.