Vampicker

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
blh74

Vampicker

Post by blh74 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:49 am

On several coin forums discussing PCGS and NGC a lot of people are not happy with the prices going up and the long return times. Many suggest trying ANACS. The most common complaints are about the ANACS holders. Any thoughts about this?

DHalladay

Re: Vampicker

Post by DHalladay » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:54 am

I haven't heard any complaints about the current holders.
When in doubt... don't.

JASONKFLO

Post by JASONKFLO » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:59 am

That is what I hear the most as well. The yellow holder . It is not a deal stopper for me , though I would prefer it being white or even the blue is nice , if you have A older ANACS holder reholdered they put it in the Blue holders.

I thought something interesting . They will not reconsider A older ANACS Holder for upgrade but they will on a newer ANACS holder. I assume due to being different ownership.

I will say ANACS is great to deal with and very responsive to questions .
I like ANACS myself and feel like you are more likely to get consistent grading of the big 3.
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

lioncutter

Post by lioncutter » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:00 pm

I usually buy the coin and not the holder. All TPG's are suspect in some of their grading on some Morgans. I take my business to ANACS because of VAMpicker because he is one of the best in the field of VAM attribution.
I may not be the best, but I do not know anyone better.

PickNGrin

Post by PickNGrin » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:39 pm

I have had good luck with ANACS and the attribution is spot on. I don't have any issues with the yellow holder. I do believe there is a marketing opportunity for ANACS to offer some different holder options. :idea:

vampicker

Post by vampicker » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:38 pm

Thanks everyone. I have my own opinions about the holder and have expressed them within the company.
often the crusher of hopes and dreams

Kurt28

Post by Kurt28 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:16 am

One of the most important features of the ANACS holder is the word "Discovery" and/or the VAM designation. That makes ANACS holders tops in my opinion.
The market for TPG will change and these advantages will bear fruit.

SilverToken

Post by SilverToken » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:17 pm

I actually prefer the style of the ANACS holder. It allows the reading of the Year-Mint when rowed out and wish I could find similar holders loose for temporary use. Maybe the issue is the color, the yellow tone is not an assertive color, nor does it contrast BU. It does looks great on a dark, earth-tone coin. Maybe if ANACS were to come up with a few layouts, same holder, and poll the Vammers opinions, since they are the primary collectors, and dealers.

I was told by the forum long ago that you buy the coin, not the holder. It is frustrating wrapping your head around coin values between services, but it isn't cash until you sell it, if you sell it. Why NGC 2021 Morgans are selling for more than PCGS or ANACS on eBay is befuddling, is it the holder? FYI I did look for ANACS offering of the early release and could not find it.
When it's no longer fun, I think I'm done!

hairfield1

Post by hairfield1 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:35 pm

How can you have a First Strike or Early Release 2021 Morgans or Peace when all were sold basically
at the same time? :popcorn:

JASONKFLO

Post by JASONKFLO » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:31 pm

hairfield1 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:35 pm
How can you have a First Strike or Early Release 2021 Morgans or Peace when all were sold basically
at the same time? :popcorn:
Because Pcgs and Ngc says so haha
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

Albannach

Post by Albannach » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:07 pm

If you're at the "show" on the day the mint releases, and you buy them there..."First Strike".
I think they assume the first "sold" to public, cash and carry at PoS (point of sale), they give the dealers the designation on the slab label.

If you have never seen it in person, it's quite a spectacle. Litterally cases of USMint coins go on the skid from the mint, to the US Post office table and sent express to the grading houses.

So there you go...It's a lesson in semantics. Not like the mint is clashing dies and they are becoming worn from polishing, like back in the day...If you bought 2 Silver Eagles at that show, on the first day of release, you'll never get a First strike designation, sending them in now....

SilverToken

Post by SilverToken » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:25 pm

PCGS also had 2 labels for First Strike, a Flag First Strike and a 100th Anniversary Morgan.

Should they value the same since you are buying for the coin grade?

Are the lower grades (68) worth more or less since they are rarer?

And why did I see some MS-70 2021-D's on the bay go for over $500 recently?
When it's no longer fun, I think I'm done!

vamsterdam

Post by vamsterdam » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:10 pm

I will plug for anacs. My last order(a large complicated one-at least for pcgs and ngc) was spot on for grade and attribution. The holder is solid and the top reading label is a plus. The color? It comes across as yellow to many. Yellow is not a color of value. It’s supposed to be gold but perceived as yellow. The blue label round bottom holders had a nice color but the slabs were about as safe as a submarine with screen windows. Lots of the white “soapbox” holders were crack out or crossed ling ago. I know people who bought them and told me about it. That had pretty good sucess.

Melvin_Deal

Post by Melvin_Deal » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:41 pm

I don't care for the color. The old blue color is great or even a light green would be nice. The yellow screams at my eyes and detracts from the coin a bit (only my opinion of course). I would send more coins to ANACS if the slab were more appealing. Last year out of about 80 I had graded only one fourth went to ANACS. That would likely flip completely around were the holder more subtle, as I find the grading more consistent and often more accurate (again my opinion only as its subjective in nature).

vampicker

Post by vampicker » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:33 pm

I have exactly zero control over the holder

...kenny

Post by ...kenny » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:38 pm

vampicker vs label color picker...hhmm :?
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my.........Ahh........Uhmm........something, something, something..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Melvin_Deal

Post by Melvin_Deal » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:02 am

Sounds Great Vampicker! Will be out the door within two weeks, Waiting for s a small auction lot to come in late this week.

I'll make sure not to ask for a blue holder label in the note! HA! :D

Thank you!

Sincerely'
-Me

blh74

Post by blh74 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:02 am

vampicker wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:33 pm
What should the consumers do? It seems to me that quite a few collectors should be heard.

vampicker

Post by vampicker » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:07 am

blh74 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:02 am
vampicker wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:33 pm
What should the consumers do? It seems to me that quite a few collectors should be heard.
Customer service would be a good start

morganman

Post by morganman » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:57 am

:popcorn: :popcorn: IMHO The gold/yellow
holders do not help coin pop &
show off coin. I love the Blue
holders and reholder small wht
Anacs into them.
Anacs needs to seriously look
into making a color change and