The VAM page gives this description: "Raised dots from rusted die at top legend and motto letters with some fine die file lines across letters." My 23-D shows the raised dots and there does not appear to be another VAM with a rusted reverse die, though 1AF1 and 1AF2 would presumably have the same rusted die as the Comments for this VAM say, "Occurs before VAMs 1AF1 & 1AF2." There is no die break on my 23-D.
Is this a 1AF3?
General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 1923-D Upper Rev.jpg (177.68 KiB) Viewed 210 times
- 1923-D raised dots in R.jpg (161.97 KiB) Viewed 210 times
- 1923-D E PLUR.jpg (115.12 KiB) Viewed 210 times
- 1923-D obv.jpg (221.11 KiB) Viewed 210 times
- 1923-D rev.jpg (201.2 KiB) Viewed 210 times