2021 Peace Dollars

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
messydesk
Site Admin

Re: 2021 Peace Dollars

Post by messydesk » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:09 am

LateDateMorganGuy wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:01 pm
Well, I got nuthin'. Spent 20 minutes online and had them in the cart but couldn't check out. After 20 minutes I threw my hands up and said F'it and walked away. Not the end of the world, at least that is what I keep telling myself :oops:

Update 1: Well, after my initial post above, my wife tells me there is a $187 charge on our CC from the US Mint. I signed in to the Mint site and see an order from today as 'processing", but still can't tell which one. Still haven't got an email from the mint. I can't tell which one actually went thru, maybe, kinda, sort a. Complete surprise I guess.

Update 2: Looks like the two Morgan P's went thru somehow.
Over 8 hours after they went dark, I got a confirmation for the Peace dollars I was wondering if I had ordered.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

alefzero

Post by alefzero » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:05 am

Got my final confirmation a little over a half hour ago.

I was planning on adding in the SF Mint commemoratives I got back in (I think) 2006 - 3 proofs and 3 uncs. I looked at what they were in the last greysheet I have (FUN 2020) and they are less than the cost to certify. Wonder if it is worth adding them to the order or not. Great Collections archives are not too reassuring.

But anyway, I have a bunch of these Mint releases coming in October or so. Might actually be able to cover my table and travel expenses for FUN this time. Real coins sure don't cut it.

JASONKFLO

Post by JASONKFLO » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:50 am

well fingers crossed that there are no issues but I ended up with
1 CC Privy
4 O Privy
2 S
2 D
1 Philly
3 Peace

I will probably get them graded and use the extras as trade or trade and money for older Morgan's and Peace dollars I need.
On another note with the W type 2 silver eagle proof's I have 1 on my enrollment and somehow they charged me twice and shipped me two. I got them a day apart. One had a pretty big scrape on it but was able to get 90.00 in trade Value from my LCS for it.
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

Stlcoin

Post by Stlcoin » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:13 am

I think I must have been at the front of the line. I only ordered 2 and it looks like many that ordered 3 had minimal luck. I wonder if their "new" system didn't handle orders of either 1, 2 or 3 individually. My order was in on 12:01pm, I did clear my computer, logged in & out, then restarted it about 30 minutes before hand. I also logged in about 10 minutes early and updated payment method. I got a confirmation e-mail @ 1pm.

I missed out on the Morgans, but after many reviews of the various MM's, just didn't care for the raised "medallion" the MM sits in, it just doesn't marry with the actual Morgan design.

After the same reviews of the 2021 Peace, it is a much more accurate representation of the 1921 Peace. I am sure it is in the U.S Mint's photos, but it does look remarkably close to High Relief. Look at the Mints Photo of the legend IGWT almost looks like a DDO on the "OD" in God. Usually indicators like that are of High Relief characteristics.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/peace-2021-s ... -21XH.html

I have 2 raw BU 1921's <1 in a solid 62 & 1 a very soiid 64>, the new 2021's will be housed in custom plexi 2 coin-type holders.

Guess we will se in Oct-Nov 21' when shipped.

DHalladay

Post by DHalladay » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:09 pm

Received my 3+3 order confirmation at 5:32 this morning, so maybe I will be getting a package in November. Fingers crossed.
When in doubt... don't.

Mhomei

Post by Mhomei » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:00 pm

Strike 3 for me