crazy-fast mail story

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
DHalladay

crazy-fast mail story

Post by DHalladay » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:28 pm

I live in the Boise, Idaho area. On Monday this week I put a rare VAM in the mail (regular 1st Class Insured) that a good friend in the San Francisco area had let me borrow to photograph.

On Wednesday this week -- 48 hours later -- he called to say it had arrived!! :o

Just when you think you know what to expect from USPS...
When in doubt... don't.

Bigbub

Re: crazy-fast mail story

Post by Bigbub » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:07 pm

Interesting that the mail delivery seems to be improving. I too, received two seperate packages of coins in the mail last week that only took two and three days respectively, to arrive in California from cross country.

However, two weeks ago, I also ordered live plants from Texas that were shipped priority mail 2 day due to their short life span inside a box. According to tracking, those left Texas, went to Kansas City and then were shipped to San Juan Puerto Rico where they vacationed in the tropics for 6 days. I received the flattened, damaged box of smelling, rotting transplants 8 days later. Completely useless. The company promises to replace them soon however. So USPS still has service problems.

JASONKFLO

Post by JASONKFLO » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:43 pm

I was happy to see my heritage auction win from last week say it was shipped Monday and arrived yesterday. Also to Boise area .
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

sheatown1

Post by sheatown1 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:59 pm

I'm just the opposite. Bought a coin from a place in Maine. It took 35 hours to get from Maine to Allentown distribution center(about 7 hours straight drive) or about 400 miles. By the time I get it in Saturday afternoon's mail (hopefully) it will be 84 hours to go 70 miles to my house or about an hour and ten minutes drive from here to there. I'd say they still got some bugs to work out yet.

sheatown1

Post by sheatown1 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:02 pm

Just an update. It's been 9 days and still no coin. It's been sitting in the Lehigh Valley distribution facility since April 21st. Emails to USPS ignored and talk to local PO no help. Covid excuses are running thin. Just send me my coin. I live only 70 miles from there!

JASONKFLO

Post by JASONKFLO » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:19 pm

Lee mailed me a coin from Louisiana Monday and I had it in Emmett Idaho yesterday Wednesday
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

sheatown1

Post by sheatown1 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:31 pm

I guess I should move to Idaho. Mail sucks in Pennsylvania

impairedsquirrel

Post by impairedsquirrel » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:56 pm

Only 3 sentences! Wow, that was a crazy fast story Dennis! :lol:
I go totally NUTS for WOW! VAMs!! Or is that from WOW! VAMs?