SSDC price guide.

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
keilg1

Re: SSDC price guide.

Post by keilg1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:13 pm

ashmore86 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:28 pm
VAMWorld folks- I know about half of you will fall out of your chair when I post this, but I finally got the Morgan$ pricing populated in the SSDC Price guide - up to but not including all the 1921 Morgan’s. I need some help with a good number of the 21’s but should have them done very soon.

We should be able to start doing some testing with it near term. I will try to keep everyone posted on this.

The thing about the prices is that it is for ALL grades of the VAMs from 1-70, PLs and DMPLs. Shew! Fingers are sore. Lol.
Nicely timed. My birthday was April 17th, you announce this on the 18th. I do not believe this 'coincidence' but providence. Or at least nice.

Thanks to all who have worked on this. I'd volunteer to help in any way down the road.

Warmly,

Gary
Gary Redfeather, PhD, RPh

https://www.linkedin.com/in/drgarykeil/

Click https://gjkeil2-82005.medium.com/our-lo ... 485d6cf0a5 to read the backstory of my surname change

ashmore86

Post by ashmore86 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:19 pm

Little update. I should have some input on the 21's that will allow me to put them in for the "big" ones. Once that is in, we will put a group of folks on this to iron out the missing stuff (for I am sure there will be little kinks in there). Should not take too long and we should let the SSDC in to play.

Some of the really nice things are that because it is a database with grades from 1-70, all PL and DMPL values too, and every VAM in the SSDC Registry is in there as well (so if there are coins that are quite valuable but are not in any of the guides-we can put the values in there too), we can output custom price guides. For instance, we could put one out for T100, H50, HL40, Kimpton12, Wow, 8tf, oval O's , die stages, etc. There are prices in for all the known die stages of the List VAMs that are collected that way at this point. Right now there is one price guide for all the Morgan list coins inclusive.

Right now there are only a few Peace Dollars that are priced. I will do them over the Summer, unless there is someone who is just "dying" to get them done. I can set someone up with the tools I've used to do the Morgan's and give them the green light on how to do updates. There is no true magic or anything to this, what I've done is use real sales and info from PCGS' coin facts to help get the pricing in line, and then there is a good bit of real world experience in buying and selling these coins as well as grade and price interpolation to fill in the holes.

Thanks to everyone for all the patience and the respect for the size of this undertaking. It is a lot of numbers to key in and it will be a chore to keep updated. I hope we can do it with some sense of dignity. I promise, anyone who volunteers to do this needs psychiatric help :). Thank goodness I was forced....

:)

Ash

Kurt28

Post by Kurt28 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:10 pm

I've worked on price guides on every thing from autos to firearms.
It is laborious, and the rewards are meager.
Personal satisfaction is the best one might hope for.
But I thank you.
And Logan, the Pioneer.

impairedsquirrel

Post by impairedsquirrel » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:26 pm

Sounds like it's gonna be incredible Ash!
THANKS AGAIN!!
I go totally NUTS for WOW! VAMs!! Or is that from WOW! VAMs?

blh74

Post by blh74 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:15 am

Is it on the SSDC site?

alefzero

Post by alefzero » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:12 am

blh74 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:15 am
Is it on the SSDC site?
Yes, but it will up and available after it is fully populated and checked out thoroughly.

pup_picker

Post by pup_picker » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:26 pm

having one of these is better than picking some rare 8tf in unc!!

thanks for bearing the brunt and to all those whom have contributed.