1902-O vam-17 retry

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
vamtiques

1902-O vam-17 retry

Post by vamtiques » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:49 am

Ok, so much playing yesterday almost got me where I needed to go, I found the picture upload on the main page, but I haven't yet found the image optimizer. I really want to get to the point where all the other picture uploaders upload with few if any problems, and have nice and ready pics to share.

messydesk
Site Admin

Re: 1902-O vam-17 retry

Post by messydesk » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:17 pm

The wiki and the discussion board are separate entities. To attach an image to a message you're posting here, just click on "add files" below, under the "attachments" tab. Uploading to the wiki will not accomplish what you want. You can also drag and drop an image to the text of your post if you are using a PC rather than a phone. Image format must be JPEG. I'm not sure what you are referring to when you mention the image optimizer.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

vamtiques

Post by vamtiques » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:08 pm

When I mean image optimizer, its a function to shrinkwrap photos to get them to load onto a website like this; mine were too big, and that is the only thing I need I think, to successfully upload. I did have an earlier thread on this 1902-O vam-17 where I was chatting with a latedatemorganguy and he was asking if anybody had the aforementioned vam on that page here on this site. Great guy, just I think he was getting a little swamped with my persistence, since I like to do things right.
I am on coincommunity.com, and they have that nifty image optimizer, and I refer folks with silver dollar questions always to this very site.
On my earlier thread here, I was trying to upload photos at least 2 times using the attachment link, but they were too big, apparently, hence the need for an image optimizer. Also, im doing all of this from a touchphone.

vamtiques

Post by vamtiques » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:13 pm

Ok, now looking around here some more, I was looking at the site FAQ page, that the image optimizer (coincommunity.com) is = to 'sizing photos for posting' (this site), but apparently does not work at the moment.

LateDateMorganGuy

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:57 am

Not sure why you are having issues posting pics. Can't tell what you are trying to do and why it isn't working. I don't use my hand held for this. I use a laptop. Likely why I can't help.

I assume you are trying to upload "jpg" files instead of "tiff" or "png". I think in the past that if I tried to post a "jpg" that was too big, the site just automatically downsized it for me. But I could be wrong about that.

That being said, since we can't see photos right now, here are a couple of things to consider.

1. If you think you have a VAM-17, and not V17A or V17B, I highly doubt you have a straight V17.
2. Check the Crack Finders on the 02-O page if your coin has cracks.
3. Otherwise, post the pics on CCF and I will see if I can help you there. Might as well post pics of cracks if your coin has them, along with the PUPS I previously mentioned.

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:15 am

vamtiques wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:08 pm
When I mean image optimizer, its a function to shrinkwrap photos to get them to load onto a website like this; mine were too big, and that is the only thing I need I think, to successfully upload. I did have an earlier thread on this 1902-O vam-17 where I was chatting with a latedatemorganguy and he was asking if anybody had the aforementioned vam on that page here on this site. Great guy, just I think he was getting a little swamped with my persistence, since I like to do things right.
I am on coincommunity.com, and they have that nifty image optimizer, and I refer folks with silver dollar questions always to this very site.
On my earlier thread here, I was trying to upload photos at least 2 times using the attachment link, but they were too big, apparently, hence the need for an image optimizer. Also, im doing all of this from a touchphone.
If you have a JPEG of < 8 MB, uploading it will shrink it for the forum automatically. This doesn't work with other image formats. If your image is bigger than that, you'll have to reduce the size or crop it on your phone.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.