Phantom E and Possible E clashers

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
Post Reply
JASONKFLO
Posts: 469
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am
Location: EMMETT IDAHO

Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by JASONKFLO » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:19 pm

just curious if anyone can name the phantom Clashed E and any coin that may possibly have a Clashed E from Liberty on the reverse.
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

User avatar
lioncutter
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:28 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by lioncutter » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:05 am

There is a page on VAMworld for phantom E's. If you type in "phantom E" in the upper right "search VAMworld" box, the page will show up.
I may not be the best, but I do not know anyone better.

JASONKFLO
Posts: 469
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am
Location: EMMETT IDAHO

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by JASONKFLO » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:12 am

lioncutter wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:05 am
There is a page on VAMworld for phantom E's. If you type in "phantom E" in the upper right "search VAMworld" box, the page will show up.
ok thanks I see that.
Is there a list anywhere of possible E'S like i have seen noted on 1902 o vam 45a
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

VamHelsing
Posts: 821
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:14 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by VamHelsing » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:15 am

Ask Russ, He's the master on phantom E's :D :D :D :D

The 89-CC V4 comes to mind

User avatar
LateDateMorganGuy
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:11 am

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:39 am

Not sure what you are trying to do, but the "phantom E' on the 02-O V45A is on the unclashed version, or 02-O VAM-45 Die Pair9. Thus it cannot be a clashed E, but could fit into a phantom category if one wanted to.

JASONKFLO
Posts: 469
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am
Location: EMMETT IDAHO

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by JASONKFLO » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:01 am

LateDateMorganGuy wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:39 am
Not sure what you are trying to do, but the "phantom E' on the 02-O V45A is on the unclashed version, or 02-O VAM-45 Die Pair9. Thus it cannot be a clashed E, but could fit into a phantom category if one wanted to.
thanks , I am just looking at another series to collect. Phantom E Varieties and other ones that are listed as possible E'S
the 1902 O Vam 45A page lists a possible E
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

User avatar
LateDateMorganGuy
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:11 am

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:17 am

Not sure if you saw this, but maybe it will help your efforts.

http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.compu ... _Kilroy_II

User avatar
lioncutter
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:28 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by lioncutter » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:21 am

I would even add 1884-O VAM 30A. I used to own this VAM but sold it recently. It had the cap clash on the obverse even. An earlier die state of the clash may show the E better.
I may not be the best, but I do not know anyone better.

JASONKFLO
Posts: 469
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am
Location: EMMETT IDAHO

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by JASONKFLO » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:19 am

thanks for the help
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

vamsterdam
Posts: 1091
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 am

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by vamsterdam » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:20 pm

i saw an 1884o while i was at ICG with a faint e. it was on a well known clash with ovaloid. have never seen another with any trace of an e, not even in DMPL. also saw mark kimpton's phantom e 1888. i could see it but leroy could not. and i just sold a 1889cc "vam4a" pcgs50. neither JR nor myself could see an e. it had the right die state but no E.

JASONKFLO
Posts: 469
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am
Location: EMMETT IDAHO

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by JASONKFLO » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:00 am

thanks I guess ill add 1884 o and 1888 o the list of what to look for.
Has anyone taken a good look at the 1902 O Vam 45a
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

User avatar
LateDateMorganGuy
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:11 am

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:02 am

I have 4 02-O V45As and several 02-O V45.9s. What do you want to know?

JASONKFLO
Posts: 469
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am
Location: EMMETT IDAHO

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by JASONKFLO » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:19 am

LateDateMorganGuy wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:02 am
I have 4 02-O V45As and several 02-O V45.9s. What do you want to know?
on the vamworld page it says possible partial raised bar of E . Do you see anything on yours? I need to grab one of these at some point
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

User avatar
LateDateMorganGuy
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:11 am

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:40 am

The listing you see for the 02-O VAM-45A was revised from Brian Raines original listing based on what I thought was a clashed E. What is shown on the VAM-45A page as a possible clashed E actually exists on the unclashed version of the same die pair as the V45A, i.e., the V45.9.

Thus what appears to be a possible clashed E on the V45A can't be since it is also on the EDS coins which are unclashed.

Hope that makes since. Just never sent coins to LVA to have him revise the V45A listing to bring it up to date.

JASONKFLO
Posts: 469
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am
Location: EMMETT IDAHO

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by JASONKFLO » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:51 am

LateDateMorganGuy wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:40 am
The listing you see for the 02-O VAM-45A was revised from Brian Raines original listing based on what I thought was a clashed E. What is shown on the VAM-45A page as a possible clashed E actually exists on the unclashed version of the same die pair as the V45A, i.e., the V45.9.

Thus what appears to be a possible clashed E on the V45A can't be since it is also on the EDS coins which are unclashed.

Hope that makes since. Just never sent coins to LVA to have him revise the V45A listing to bring it up to date.
Yes thank you. So I need to keep a eye out for V45.9
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

User avatar
LateDateMorganGuy
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:11 am

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:09 am

I am confused. The V45.9 is unclashed. So anything on it would not be an E clash. I thought you were looking for clashed coins that might have a phantom clashed E. Whatever you are doing, just have fun with it.

JASONKFLO
Posts: 469
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am
Location: EMMETT IDAHO

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by JASONKFLO » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:17 am

LateDateMorganGuy wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:09 am
I am confused. The V45.9 is unclashed. So anything on it would not be an E clash. I thought you were looking for clashed coins that might have a phantom clashed E. Whatever you are doing, just have fun with it.
No sorry I was confused. I had originally thought the 1902 o vam 45A was a phantom E or possible E but reading your response again it sounds like it is not.
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

vamsterdam
Posts: 1091
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 am

Re: Phantom E and Possible E clashers

Post by vamsterdam » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:14 pm

i found several 1902o v45 with what some were calling an e clash but could not be since the coins were unclashed.

Post Reply