Mallis VAM Library Up-Date

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
...kenny

Mallis VAM Library Up-Date

Post by ...kenny » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:14 pm

I have been asked to include in the VAM World-VAM Library, links to the video DVD's from David Lisot that were in our library. David Lisot has agreed to work with the Eric P. Newman Numismatic Portal and have his entire library put onto the internet. I have put the links into the VAM Library page for your use http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.compu ... l_Liberary.

Looks like NNP has a whole world of coin information/education for our use. Enjoy...kenny
Last edited by ...kenny on Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my.........Ah........Uhm........something, something, something..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

vampicker

Re: Mallis VAM Library Up-Date

Post by vampicker » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:47 pm

Thanks again for all your work on the library.
often the crusher of hopes and dreams

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:09 pm

David Lisot recorded several VAM Things, so a few more of those should be viewable on the NNP.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

RogerB

Post by RogerB » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:42 am

The conversations from the video can be mechanically transcribed using the newest MSWord or one of several voice transcription programs. Doing that would greatly expand the ability to search for information among hours of video.

Namvet69

Post by Namvet69 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:57 pm

Thanks so much, what a gift to us here. Best replacement for a show. Have a good day. Peace Roy

keilg1

Post by keilg1 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:38 pm

What a great resource.

Nearly enough offerings to easily miss the "Liberary" in the title. Not a common term and often because of simple spelling mistakes, but it looks like Liberary is an acceptable variation of an electronic library (also know as an eLibrary)?

Curuios, oops, curious minds want to know!

Thanks again for this incredible resource.
Gary Redfeather, PhD, RPh

https://www.linkedin.com/in/drgarykeil/

Click https://gjkeil2-82005.medium.com/our-lo ... 485d6cf0a5 to read the backstory of my surname change

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:54 pm

keilg1 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:38 pm
What a great resource.

Nearly enough offerings to easily miss the "Liberary" in the title. Not a common term and often because of simple spelling mistakes, but it looks like Liberary is an acceptable variation of an electronic library (also know as an eLibrary)?

Curuios, oops, curious minds want to know!

Thanks again for this incredible resource.
There are both pages called "Library" and "Liberary". The misspelled one was added after the VW migration and is more up to date. The correctly spelled one has not been changed since the migration. I'd like to fix this, but need someone to verify that everything on the old "Library" page that is needed is on the "Liberary" page. After this is done, I will correct it.

...kenny

Post by ...kenny » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:25 pm

John; I have been through the page several times and I don't see anything missing. Please do whatever you think is needed, Thanks...kenny
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my.........Ah........Uhm........something, something, something..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:11 pm

All done. It's been changed, and there's a redirect so that links that have the old name will still work.