Covid Shots

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
TheYokel

Re: Covid Shots

Post by TheYokel » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:09 pm

mark wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:34 pm
How about if I call it garbage instead? Some front line workers are passing so that people at higher risk of dying can get it first. Any doctor that recommend I not get vaccinated would no longer be my doctor.

Hydroxycloraquine? Give me a freaking beak.

You are proving your name though...
I never said anything about any medicines... What are you even talking about?

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... ine-access

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/ ... 9-vaccine/

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation ... 09160.html

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/01/95271670 ... 9-vaccines

https://calmatters.org/newsletters/what ... alifornia/

They are refusing it due to safety concerns. Not availability. We have a HUGE overflow of vaccines here...
It's coming... :popcorn:

mark

Post by mark » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:14 pm

I was quoting what Chris posted and that it was junk. I guess you didn't read his whole post?

Did you even read that article you posted? One woman is pregnant, others have not contracted it so decided to wait. (for others like I stated, since I have already read that article before you posted it)

If you don't want to get a covid vaccine that's fine. This post is about being vaccinated for Covid. We don't need junk science and opinions.

That is all.

LateDateMorganGuy

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:44 pm

Seems like this thread could be headed for lock down.
Attachments
Otis in Jail 1.jpg
Otis in Jail 1.jpg (3.07 KiB) Viewed 3256 times

HawkeEye

Post by HawkeEye » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:56 pm

Well I have been in semi-lockdown for a year. For me there is more upside potential in taking the shot.

My recommendation based on my experience would be get it if you can.

If you are willing to take the risk by not getting it, that is your choice.
Deep in the woods of North Georgia

TheYokel

Post by TheYokel » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:06 pm

Oh, I agree. I never said anything about being for or against the vaccine. Just pointing out that CC may have very well been told that by his doctor, as many doctors are hesitant with it.

I've already had the real thing. Was horrible, and I was laid up for two weeks. Even after I was ok, things were bad for about 3-4 months where I was so lethargic, it was hurting my daily productivity. Oh and BBQ sauce tasted like battery acid. I thought it was because I quit smoking while having the coof and that my taste buds were readjusting after years of smoking. We didn't learn about the smell/taste thing until a couple months after I already recovered. 3/10... would not recommend.

I'm all for eradicating COVID...
It's coming... :popcorn:

lured_in_again

Post by lured_in_again » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:10 pm

At last...... after working the past year in a shared office at shared desks. ( we cover our job 24/7/365) I got my shot today. I was on the last list I think, right after stay at home moms and dads LOL

vamsterdam

Post by vamsterdam » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:58 am

Hydroxychloroquine has a LONG safe track record. A fraudulent “study” was published(and exposed as fraudulent) to try and discredit it. So someone else could push their risky, very expensive remvidir(sp). It is not to be used after the fact, it’s actually a preventative. I have friends in the preventative medicine field. I have read loads of material on all of this.

davidkclose

Post by davidkclose » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:15 am

I have recommended to my patients who are over age 65 and/or have medical problems to take the vaccine, as the virus will likely be worse. Those under age 40 w/o medical problems should probably not take it, as the risk of vaccine may be higher than the virus. Everyone is in in between.
For treatment of COVID, I have had good success w/ ivermectin, although data on its benefits come from outside the US, mainly from Latin America. I have used little hydroxychloroquine, as, unlike ivermectin, it does nothing to the virus. Perhaps the best thing in early COVID treatment is that President Trump never said anything about ivermectin.
Any, in many areas, including southeast TN & north GA, anyone who wants a vaccine can get it. Yes, I have had mine.
Hope this is helpful.
David

keilg1

Post by keilg1 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 pm

As your humble resident pharmacist of 30+ years -- and one who prides himself on being a healthcare professional who "helps take people OFF medications when possible" -- and someone who currently teaches a postgraduate program on clinical leadership, education and research, I hope you'll take my brief comments as a more 'experienced' voice.

Kinda like listening to the VAM goddesses and gods when it comes to questions like "Is this REALLY a new VAM or something that a neophyte simply doesn't know is normal...?"

I don't say the following to offend you, but if you are offended you can own your decision to be so: remember, just because you have an opinion and experiences with something, doesn't mean your voice and opinion should be given much weight. I've written on this elsewhere in that "dumbocracy is the poison in the water that is killing us all": https://gjkeil2-82005.medium.com/dumboc ... 6c5dd1ff7f

Please, please, listen to the experts on this - not your mother, not your friend, not your favorite news outlet, and not your own "educated reading."

The brief take: there is inherent risk in taking ANY medicine - just as there are consequences of NOT taking them. Please do not spout out statistics that something is x% effective only, etc. because these statistics are extremely complicated, just like the virus, just like the comorbidities people have, just like physiology and pharmacology are part of the equation (and so is genetics, etc.).

It doesn't matter if you're young or old - getting a vaccination will not just help prevent YOU from getting sick, it will help you not spread it as easily to others. Just because you're vaccinated doesn't mean you can't still get the virus and share it, by the way, so wearing a mask is still a valid way of helping slow down the spread. Those under 40 w/o medical problems still should consider the vaccine because of this simple fact... Getting sick and being a carrier making others sick are different things...

For the love of GOD: Hydroxychloroquine does NOT have a long safe track record - besides it has never been proven in any way to help Covid symptoms - it shouldn't because it doesn't make sense pharmacologically. Just because there are idiots (referencing Trump by name) who say things like "Just try it? What have you got to loose?" doesn't mean you need to listen to them. What have people lost? Money... certain functions... and life.

If you don't wear a mask, don't get the vaccine, etc. - fine. We'll all need to feel comfortable sanding in front of our creator (if you believe in that stuff) and stand proud of what we did with the intelligence we were supposedly blessed with.

I have plenty of the latest information on all of this but won't share it here. If you want to learn more, just reach out. Please do so before you decide to share your opinions not matter how convinced you are of them?
Gary Redfeather, PhD, RPh

https://www.linkedin.com/in/drgarykeil/

Click https://gjkeil2-82005.medium.com/our-lo ... 485d6cf0a5 to read the backstory of my surname change

LateDateMorganGuy

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:07 am

Buuuuttttt, what about VAMs?

fogie

Post by fogie » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:31 am

Thank you Gary.

LorenAlbert

Post by LorenAlbert » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:38 am

(Edited away)
Last edited by LorenAlbert on Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

impairedsquirrel

Post by impairedsquirrel » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:59 am

Nothing in this world causes so much LOLing AND SMDHing from me than our culture of "Well, that person who has been recognized as a world leader in their field for 50 years might say that, but my sister's friend's old college roommate's cousin's ex-boyfriend said in a Facebook post that they're full of shit and that's all I need to hear!"

1) The vaccine is our best hope for beating this!

2) Hydroxychloroquine is great if you have Lupus or don't want to get Malaria, but DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR Covid and miiight just kill you if you try! Sorry, the CDC and the WHO "trumps" cousin Lenny the "health guru" here...

Ps: I'm a 47 yr old non-smoking, possibly overweight construction worker who got my first dose of Moderna this afternoon. FTR, my left arm is sore from my shoulder to my wrist... too bad it was that way before the shot I got in my RIGHT arm! If not for the bandaid I wouldn't know anything happened there... :lol:
I go totally NUTS for WOW! VAMs!! Or is that from WOW! VAMs?

impairedsquirrel

Post by impairedsquirrel » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:12 am

Also let me add, for the "everything carries risks" crowd. I'm a construction worker, roofer to be precise, and my professional life is defined by safety requirements and regulations. Yet every MFing construction site I walk into I see maskless yahoos everywhere. They'll wear a hard hat for ten hours a day because that's the rule and it keeps them safe. Hardhats save a few hundred Americans from serious injury and a few dozen from death each year. Many sites now require cut resistant gloves to be worn all day. Anyone care to guess how many Americans die from cuts to the hand in an average year? This virus HAS KILLED 560,000+ Americans in one year. My grandmother is due to turn 90 later this year and, after not seeing her for a year, I'd like her to be here to celebrate that milestone.
Also, for Alan, I FOUND A 91CC VAM-7 THIS WEEK!!! :lol:
I go totally NUTS for WOW! VAMs!! Or is that from WOW! VAMs?

tmanhg

Post by tmanhg » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:39 pm

To EACH his own.

lured_in_again

Post by lured_in_again » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:04 pm

,I see this debate as similar to the medical marijuana issue debate. I'm not opposed to it. It has it's benefits in a number of cases. For others, just tell them when and where they can receive their daily or weekly shot and suddenly a lot of them won't think they need it quite so bad.... This opinion will likely get this thread locked.... and deleted

bob259

Post by bob259 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:21 pm

I may or may not get the vaccine. I assume I'm at risk since I had a bad heart attack last year and am an old guy but my heart doctor said I could probably weather the covid since I have recovered so well and the bypasses are working well. He knows my history with vaccines. My reluctance to getting the vaccine is that I have not done well with vaccines in the past. I don't get flu shots because once I got a flu and shingles shot at the same time and ended up in the hospital. All the professionals told me it couldn't have been the shots which makes me question their wisdom. The timing was just too perfect. Other times I have gotten really sick. Then, just yesterday, a good friend died of covid after spending 20 plus days in the hospital and most in the ICU after he had the 2nd vaccine and about fives days after.

I say may or may not, because I am waiting on more information and the approval of the fourth vaccine. I want to study each one as to how they work and see anyhistorical information as a result of them. There is no question that some people die after the vaccine. I don't want to be one of them. I live in the country and wear a mask when in town. I am careful so I wait to see more information to decide. My wife and my 92 year old mother have both been vaccinated so I am not anti about it. Just for me I am trying to make the best decision.

Prider358

Post by Prider358 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:44 pm

Hi bob259, it's up to you whether you choose to be vaccinated or not. I'm 60 next month. Heart attack 11 years ago, stent fitted. Also, Asthmatic, I've had the Flu jab for the last 32 years. Had the first Astra Zeneca jab last month, tho, I was reluctant to have it but If I got COVID, I know I wouldn't survive it. To me, it's more or less a gamble. I don't believe there's enough positive feedback to make us more confident to have the jab. They say the Astra Zeneca might be causing blood clots. Oh well, early days. Stay safe VAMMERS. Let's hope we all get through this and back to normality. :D

Raybob15239

Post by Raybob15239 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:26 pm

I got my second dose of the Moderna vaccine on Wednesday and it knocked me on my ass for about 48 hours. I have several medical conditions that make Covid a severe risk, so I took the jabs. Did a lot of research and talked with professionals who did not have a dog in the fight to go from strong anti(covid)vaxxer to getting the shot. My arm is still a bit it sore, but I'm just about back to normal. Get the shot or don't, but make the effort to research both sides of the argument and make an informed decision based on what is best for you and your family.
I swear, someday I will learn how to grade Peace Dollars!

Albannach

Post by Albannach » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:23 pm

I think there's a bit of confusion about basic definitions here: It's called a dictionary..full of words and their definitions....sigh

PANDEMIC
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pandemic

pandemic adjective
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.
pan·​dem·​ic | \ pan-ˈde-mik \
Definition of pandemic (Entry 1 of 2)
1 : occurring over a wide geographic area (such as multiple countries or continents) and typically affecting a significant proportion of the population
pandemic malaria
The 1918 flu was pandemic and claimed millions of lives.
2 : characterized by very widespread growth or extent : EPIDEMIC entry 1 sense 3
a problem of pandemic proportions

VACCINE
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vaccine

Definition of vaccine
: a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious disease:
a : an antigenic preparation of a typically inactivated or attenuated (see ATTENUATED sense 2) pathogenic agent (such as a bacterium or virus) or one of its components or products (such as a protein or toxin)
b : a preparation of genetic material (such as a strand of synthesized messenger RNA) that is used by the cells of the body to produce an antigenic substance (such as a fragment of virus spike protein)

So....
Pandemic means: It's not a matter of IF you get it, but WHEN you will get it.
A vaccine is not a cure ........ period. Just sayin'...