Covid Shots

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
iwillbenice

Re: Covid Shots

Post by iwillbenice » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:07 am

I will wait a year or so for the VAX.I build equipment for food , waste , transportation and drug companies.
This covid will mandate in a year or so that a covid card of proof you are covid free on hand at all times.
Or get labeled if not covid free.I have been in this COVID19 shit from day one.Called a essential worker.
If i dont get the vax shot i sey i will have tag on me for the rest of my life.At going on 60 years I think I had more then enough
40 hours of some sort funk in my body and lived hell.Masks have helped me from colds and or flu but they suck and hate them.All in all i would rather not take any VAX to get loaded with a covid.Just me

PacificWR

Post by PacificWR » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:10 pm

Do not take the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. See below.

The U.S. is recommending a “pause” in administration of the single-dose Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine to investigate reports of potentially dangerous blood clots.

In a joint statement Tuesday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration said they were investigating unusual clots in six women that occurred 6 to 13 days after vaccination. The clots occurred in veins that drain blood from the brain and occurred together with low platelets. All six cases were in women between the ages of 18 and 48.

The reports appear similar to a rare, unusual type of clotting disorder that European authorities say is possibly linked to another COVID-19 vaccine not yet cleared in the U.S., from AstraZeneca.

U.S. federal distribution channels, including mass vaccination sites, will pause the use of the J&J shot, and states and other providers are expected to follow. The other two authorized vaccines, from Moderna and Pfizer, make up the vast share of COVID-19 shots administered in the U.S. and are not affected by the pause.

CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices will meet Wednesday to discuss the cases and the FDA has also launched an investigation into the cause of the clots and low platelet counts.

They are recommending that people who were given the J&J vaccine who are experiencing severe headache, abdominal pain, leg pain, or shortness of breath within three weeks after receiving the shot contact their health care provider.

U.S. health authorities cautioned doctors against using a typical clot treatment, the blood-thinner heparin. “In this setting, administration of heparin may be dangerous and alternative treatments need to be given,” the FDA and CDC said.

bob259

Post by bob259 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:51 pm

PacificWR wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:10 pm

The U.S. is recommending a “pause” in administration of the single-dose Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine to investigate reports of potentially dangerous blood clots.
And people wonder why I'm waiting. I thought I read about clotting with one of the other vaccines once as well as people dying. The problem with today is that you don't know what is truth and what is lies. When everything is politicized the truth is so often bent toward politics. I can protect myself better against getting the virus than I can from side effects of the vaccines. Not saying I won't get it at some time but it will be awhile before I do, if I do.

impairedsquirrel

Post by impairedsquirrel » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:14 pm

Ok, gotta start by saying this is a general observation and not aimed at ANYONE in particular (certainly not you Bob, I was more than happy knowing I was no where near the top of the vaccine list...), but this is another absolutely HILARIOUS piece of the "human condition"...
560,000 Americans have died from this virus over the course of one year - "Meh, is what it is"
A couple dozen people have developed blood clots after taking this vaccine and 1 may have even died from it - "OH MY EFFING GOD, I KNEW THIS WOULD BE DISASTEROUS!!!!"

But, on the plus side, I'm glad I put my money (literally and figuratively) on Moderna thus far.
I go totally NUTS for WOW! VAMs!! Or is that from WOW! VAMs?

DHalladay

Post by DHalladay » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:54 pm

impairedsquirrel wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:14 pm
Ok, gotta start by saying this is a general observation and not aimed at ANYONE in particular (certainly not you Bob, I was more than happy knowing I was no where near the top of the vaccine list...), but this is another absolutely HILARIOUS piece of the "human condition"...
560,000 Americans have died from this virus over the course of one year - "Meh, is what it is"
A couple dozen people have developed blood clots after taking this vaccine and 1 may have even died from it - "OH MY EFFING GOD, I KNEW THIS WOULD BE DISASTEROUS!!!!"

But, on the plus side, I'm glad I put my money (literally and figuratively) on Moderna thus far.

Indeed.

I suspect there's been at least one person die in a traffic accident going to or returning from getting their shot, so everybody should stay the hell home instead!!
When in doubt... don't.

impairedsquirrel

Post by impairedsquirrel » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:57 am

More plus side, Moderna released data a couple hours ago showing their vax still has >90% efficacy 6 months after inoculation!

Also, "efficacy" is a new vocab word I've gained from this pandemic...
I go totally NUTS for WOW! VAMs!! Or is that from WOW! VAMs?

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:17 am

I think this thread has run its course. Do your due diligence and stay physically and mentally healthy. Now back to coins!
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.