Covid Shots

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
User avatar
HawkeEye
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:30 pm
Location: North Georgia
Contact:

Covid Shots

Post by HawkeEye » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:51 pm

I got the Moderna Covid shot yesterday morning about 11 and have had no real reaction
I went to bed with a sore arm and feeling only what we would describe as “fuzzy” headed
Woke up this morning with just a little soreness and very little feeling of “fuzziness”
As the morning goes on we are getting better and better
So if you are hesitant to take the shot, based on our experience, take it
It is nice to feel like you have some measure of safety with respect to the Covid stuff
Deep in the woods of North Georgia

User avatar
LateDateMorganGuy
Posts: 723
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:11 am

Re: Covid Shots

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:24 pm

Got my first Pfizer shot yesterday as well at 1:00 PM. So did my wife. Similar experience. I MAY have had a very slight headache last night. And I MAY had a very slight bout with the chills. It was chilly here in Orlando last night so not sure. Today, no issues for either of us. Typical arm soreness at the vaccine site in the arm for any shot. It is gone now.

But, it is an individual decision to get the vaccine or not.

User avatar
CascadeChris
Posts: 2507
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:41 pm

Re: Covid Shots

Post by CascadeChris » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:38 am

At my age, I'm not that worried about the immediate side effects. Its the potential long terms ones that give me great pause. I'm all for my older family members getting it but not any that don't qualify for AARP
Alonzi VW 2.0!

User avatar
HawkeEye
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:30 pm
Location: North Georgia
Contact:

Re: Covid Shots

Post by HawkeEye » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:36 am

Well the alternatives are not good. I have a friend who decided to go visit all his kids for Christmas and somewhere along the way picked up Covid. He was home for about 10 days before getting worse and it going into pneumonia. Then he went in the hospital and has been there for 10 days. The doctors have been very non-comital on his recovery.

This pushed me over the edge and got me in line for the shot. I don't know the long term implications for the vaccine, but the doctors I know are all getting it.
Deep in the woods of North Georgia

JASONKFLO
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am
Location: EMMETT IDAHO

Re: Covid Shots

Post by JASONKFLO » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:38 am

do you need a second shot? I have heard from a few people i know that said the second shot gave them flu like symptoms for a few days . I will not be getting it till its readily available as there are people who need it more than me but at some point i will.
Jason Floyd
I climb Mountains , Grow Bamboo and like Coins

User avatar
CascadeChris
Posts: 2507
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:41 pm

Re: Covid Shots

Post by CascadeChris » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:51 am

HawkeEye wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:36 am
Well the alternatives are not good. I have a friend who decided to go visit all his kids for Christmas and somewhere along the way picked up Covid. He was home for about 10 days before getting worse and it going into pneumonia. Then he went in the hospital and has been there for 10 days. The doctors have been very non-comital on his recovery.

This pushed me over the edge and got me in line for the shot. I don't know the long term implications for the vaccine, but the doctors I know are all getting it.
Really? My doctor -and my fathers doctor- said the same thing basically. Their advise was to only get it if you're older or have issues that make you more likely to have the bad case if you get it. If I get the virus ill just go on a Hydroxycloraquine / Zpack / Zinc regimen but ny father is 66 and has a myriad of various minor to moderate health issues, nothing too major but that along with his age and I want him to get it the vax for sure.
Last edited by CascadeChris on Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alonzi VW 2.0!

RogerB
Posts: 616
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:30 pm

Re: Covid Shots

Post by RogerB » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:19 am

Over time and as the inoculated base increases, we will learn more about immunity persistence and the most effective dosing for large populations. The inadvertent half-dose in one trial offers some hints of the possibilities.

Meanwhile - get your annual influenza shot too!

User avatar
CascadeChris
Posts: 2507
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:41 pm

Re: Covid Shots

Post by CascadeChris » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:09 am

RogerB wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:19 am

Meanwhile - get your annual influenza shot too!
Yeah, I did get my flu shot... then saw the CDC infection rate for this year's flu so far and felt like I wasted $30 bucks 😆🤦
Alonzi VW 2.0!

Mhomei
Posts: 598
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 7:23 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Covid Shots

Post by Mhomei » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:16 am

I got the 1st Pfizer shot on the jan 2nd, no soreness, no side effects, 2nd shot scheduled for the 27th

User avatar
alefzero
Posts: 551
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:33 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Covid Shots

Post by alefzero » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:47 am

JASONKFLO wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:38 am
do you need a second shot? I have heard from a few people i know that said the second shot gave them flu like symptoms for a few days . I will not be getting it till its readily available as there are people who need it more than me but at some point i will.
Yes, for both of them, you need the second one. That shot is double strength. If you tolerated the first, you will handle the necessary booster, though it might be more unpleasant due to its strength and the then alerted immune system.

User avatar
bob259
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Re: Covid Shots

Post by bob259 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:14 pm

Johnson & Johnson is coming out with a ONE shot vaccine. It looks very promising but not approved yet.

User avatar
HawkeEye
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:30 pm
Location: North Georgia
Contact:

Re: Covid Shots

Post by HawkeEye » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:16 pm

If you have a chance to get the others I would take it and not wait. One unintended benefit that my wife and I didn't realize was anxiety. There was a big feeling of relief once we got the shot.
Deep in the woods of North Georgia

User avatar
CascadeChris
Posts: 2507
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:41 pm

Re: Covid Shots

Post by CascadeChris » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:36 pm

HawkeEye wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:16 pm
If you have a chance to get the others I would take it and not wait. One unintended benefit that my wife and I didn't realize was anxiety. There was a big feeling of relief once we got the shot.
Except the British Astra Zeneca one. That one has only a 65% effective rate.
Alonzi VW 2.0!

User avatar
impairedsquirrel
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 2:42 pm
Location: Happy Valley, USA

Re: Covid Shots

Post by impairedsquirrel » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:30 am

CascadeChris wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:36 pm
HawkeEye wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:16 pm
If you have a chance to get the others I would take it and not wait. One unintended benefit that my wife and I didn't realize was anxiety. There was a big feeling of relief once we got the shot.
Except the British Astra Zeneca one. That one has only a 65% effective rate.
Chris, believe it or not 65% is still pretty good for any vaccine. The 95% Pfizer and Moderna got is almost unheard of... even the flu shot is often only offers 50-60% efficacy.
GET THE VACCINE WHEN IT IS YOUR TURN! We don’t want to “control” this shit, we want to KILL it!
There’s a good chance the A-Z vaccine will mainly be used in underdeveloped countries (sad but true?) because it is also much less expensive to manufacture.
I go totally NUTS for WOW! VAMs!! Or is that from WOW! VAMs?

User avatar
HawkeEye
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:30 pm
Location: North Georgia
Contact:

Re: Covid Shots

Post by HawkeEye » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:26 am

One thing we learned is that out of caution many or most people registered in two or three places. As they got a shot they released the other one or two and suddenly there was an abundance of vaccine. So check around for the Moderna or Phiser, they might be out there and just not well advertised.

We are now to a spot where we have nothing, including soreness. All our friends have had the same experience.
Deep in the woods of North Georgia

shortnock
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 5:09 pm
Location: Austin, Tx

Re: Covid Shots

Post by shortnock » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:11 pm

Received first Moderna injection on Jan. 12. So far, so good, with no noticeable side effects.
Refrain from computing the total number of poultry... before the process of incubation has fully materialized.

vamnuke
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:57 pm

Re: Covid Shots

Post by vamnuke » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:06 am

I'm just a few hours north of Shortnock and nothing here yet. I guess I am in group 1-3, so I'm lower on the priority list...

User avatar
mark
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Covid Shots

Post by mark » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:38 pm

This is junk. You should find new doctors.

CascadeChris wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:51 am
HawkeEye wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:36 am
Well the alternatives are not good. I have a friend who decided to go visit all his kids for Christmas and somewhere along the way picked up Covid. He was home for about 10 days before getting worse and it going into pneumonia. Then he went in the hospital and has been there for 10 days. The doctors have been very non-comital on his recovery.

This pushed me over the edge and got me in line for the shot. I don't know the long term implications for the vaccine, but the doctors I know are all getting it.
Really? My doctor -and my fathers doctor- said the same thing basically. Their advise was to only get it if you're older or have issues that make you more likely to have the bad case if you get it. If I get the virus ill just go on a Hydroxycloraquine / Zpack / Zinc regimen but ny father is 66 and has a myriad of various minor to moderate health issues, nothing too major but that along with his age and I want him to get it the vax for sure.

User avatar
TheYokel
Posts: 1641
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:23 am
Location: Death Valley (seriously)

Re: Covid Shots

Post by TheYokel » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:02 pm

mark wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:38 pm
This is junk. You should find new doctors.

CascadeChris wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:51 am
HawkeEye wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:36 am
Well the alternatives are not good. I have a friend who decided to go visit all his kids for Christmas and somewhere along the way picked up Covid. He was home for about 10 days before getting worse and it going into pneumonia. Then he went in the hospital and has been there for 10 days. The doctors have been very non-comital on his recovery.

This pushed me over the edge and got me in line for the shot. I don't know the long term implications for the vaccine, but the doctors I know are all getting it.
Really? My doctor -and my fathers doctor- said the same thing basically. Their advise was to only get it if you're older or have issues that make you more likely to have the bad case if you get it. If I get the virus ill just go on a Hydroxycloraquine / Zpack / Zinc regimen but ny father is 66 and has a myriad of various minor to moderate health issues, nothing too major but that along with his age and I want him to get it the vax for sure.
It might be different in other parts of the country, but I live close to CC, and here on the west coast (especially up in OR/WA), a lot of doctors are refusing the vaccine. He actually isn't wrong about doctors refusing it. I think the last publication said that up to 70% of doctors in Portland are refusing it.

It's a polarizing topic. I wouldn't call anything "junk" until we actually have enough time to study everything.

I already had COVID last year, so I'm simply an interested outside observer at this point...
It's coming... :popcorn:

User avatar
mark
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Covid Shots

Post by mark » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:34 pm

How about if I call it garbage instead? Some front line workers are passing so that people at higher risk of dying can get it first. Any doctor that recommend I not get vaccinated would no longer be my doctor.

Hydroxycloraquine? Give me a freaking beak.

You are proving your name though...

Locked