VSS Label Obfuscates Actual Numbers of Each VAM

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
Flat-Chested

VSS Label Obfuscates Actual Numbers of Each VAM

Post by Flat-Chested » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:16 am

The VSS label ends up obfuscating the real numbers of each particular VAMs in existence. The result of labeling a VAM with the VSS label is that the VAM is not added to the known list of the coins registered by ANACS, NGC and PCGS, and so the VAMs appear to be much rarer than they really are.

ljs123

Re: VSS Label Obfuscates Actual Numbers of Each VAM

Post by ljs123 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:14 am

Flat-Chested wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:16 am
The VSS label ends up obfuscating the real numbers of each particular VAMs in existence. The result of labeling a VAM with the VSS label is that the VAM is not added to the known list of the coins registered by ANACS, NGC and PCGS, and so the VAMs appear to be much rarer than they really are.

The number of each VAM is not known until every Morgan and Peace dollar has been attributed. The number attributed by TPGs is not an accurate account of each VAM.

I have no problem with correctly attributed dollars.

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:28 am

The best thing you can do to help give a good feeling of VAM populations is to use the SSDC registry. Register coins, even if they're not in sets you're building.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

vampicker

Post by vampicker » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:46 pm

I don't put every variety or error I've attributed in the ANACS pop report. All the services have the option to only include a more generic version of the certification to their respective populations. For example, on the 88-O Scarface, we'll certify the various Harrison stages, but none of them show up in the pop report. Moving to another series, none of the myriad DDR statehood or national park quarters are reported.
And if you take a VAM description that has changed numbers a couple of times and split a couple of times, any reported population is meaningless at best and downright deceptive when used to claim extreme rarity.
often the crusher of hopes and dreams

pup_picker

Post by pup_picker » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:57 pm

well said guys.

Flat-Chested

Post by Flat-Chested » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:21 pm

thanx