is leroy available to play with coins yet?

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
morganman

Re: is leroy available to play with coins yet?

Post by morganman » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:56 am

May GOD BLESS LVA & MARILYN

Very darn difficult time for them

Darn it - Let's forget about gettin old & stay vammin like crazy

Scott
:|

pup_picker

Post by pup_picker » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:19 pm

i certainly respect people's privacy but this kind of update does help to put things into perspective and helps a lot of us to plan around it.

i will hope their situation improves to start attaining a quality of life once again, somehow.

bob259

Post by bob259 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:20 pm

Having a 92 year old mother and dealing with a lot, I can sympathize with Leroy. It takes a lot out of you to constantly be taking care of someone. I agree, it seems like they moved into assisted living and that should help Leroy a lot. Having meals brought in and usually they do a bit of cleaning which should help. The moving part really bugs me too. There should have been at least a couple of young bucks who could be tested and then helping. That's just not right. I'll include Leroy and Marilyn in my prayers for recovery and a lightening of the load. Attitude helps a lot and it seems they are in bright spirits so that is good. The golden years sometime suck!

vamsterdam

Post by vamsterdam » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:32 pm

leroy was pretty clam considering all that they have gone through. and he reminded me that he is 86, and marilyn is 88, they did have to move to the assisted living apartment in order to get the care that marilyn needed. and her son john was only recently allowed to visit, and that with masks, and 6 foot social distancing. my friend chris called right after i hung up the phone, and when I answered, he said, what's wrong? you sound exasperated. he could tell how upset i was just by how i answered the phone. i haven't given up on trying to find a way to help him get his documents printed. there has to be a way. i know that would help him some. i want to help him unpack and set things up but i can't.

Kurt28

Post by Kurt28 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:57 am

Any updates?
Like many others, I would like to submit a coin or two, but only if Leroy is ready.

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:12 pm

I received a supplement earlier in the week, so he is available. I mentioned in the post about the supplements that in order to keep him from getting swamped, wait until the day of the month corresponding to your birthday to send him stuff.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

blh74

Post by blh74 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:25 am

messydesk wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:12 pm
I received a supplement earlier in the week, so he is available. I mentioned in the post about the supplements that in order to keep him from getting swamped, wait until the day of the month corresponding to your birthday to send him stuff.
I like the idea so I will wait a couple weeks. Makes sense.

Kurt28

Post by Kurt28 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:14 am

Thanks for the update.