The Big Reveal!

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
messydesk
Site Admin

The Big Reveal!

Post by messydesk » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:53 pm

So the Big Tease generated a good amount of interest, so now let's see what the Big Reveal does .

On July 8, from 12:00-2:00 pm MDT, the ANA eLearning Academy will be presenting Collecting and Investing in Morgan Dollars. This will be a 2 hour version of the 22 hour in-person class that would have been taught at the ANA Summer Seminar this summer. Michael Fey and I will be conducting this over Zoom through the ANA.

As it is greatly abbreviated, we'll be covering material in far less depth, but it will give a flavor of the things we do in person in the classroom. Obviously, we can't pass coins around, either. We'll try to answer a few questions during the class, but what we can do there will depend on the number of students. We want to give you a taste of what you'd experience in person.

As this is the ANA's first attempt at this we're both excited and a little anxious as to how this will go and how it will be received.

Normally, you need to be an ANA member to participate in the Summer Seminar, but this year, the ANA eLearning Academy has been made available for FREE for everyone. In addition to the Morgan class, you can take some of the other classes they're offering for FREE at various times during the two weeks from the end of June to early July, including grading, counterfeit detection, the modern minting process, and others.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

CascadeChris

Re: The Big Reveal!

Post by CascadeChris » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:07 pm

Very cool JB! Great of them to do it this way, and making it free. I smell some intense interest in next years actual Summer Seminar due to this if its a hit! 😎
Alonzi VW 2.0!

shortnock

Post by shortnock » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:59 pm

Messy, Thanks to all concerned. This may give VAMming a boost.
Refrain from computing the total number of poultry... before the process of incubation has fully materialized.

vampicker

Post by vampicker » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:02 pm

That's a great piece of news. I have to wonder if this is a platform that will continue. It would open a door for students and possible instructors that aren't able to take a week or so to travel to Colorado.
often the crusher of hopes and dreams

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:15 pm

vampicker wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:02 pm
That's a great piece of news. I have to wonder if this is a platform that will continue. It would open a door for students and possible instructors that aren't able to take a week or so to travel to Colorado.
This is a pilot program, with several 2-hour and several 1-hour sessions available chosen from those classes that were being offered this year. They will be recording this, and most likely making the recording available permanently somehow. If this turns out to work well, It would make sense that they would want to expand their offerings available this way, building up their library of recorded classes, while not taking away from the demand for the in-person Summer Seminar. I imagine that some classes that might not ever be viable in person due to instructor availability and/or student demand might be ideal to do this way.

vincar73

Post by vincar73 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:15 pm

Great news!!!
Since it is almost impossible for me to be present in any numismatic event in the US, I would be very pleased to be able to follow your class, even if my English is not the best :lol: :lol:

Just let us know how to sign up

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:10 pm

vincar73 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:15 pm
Great news!!!
Since it is almost impossible for me to be present in any numismatic event in the US, I would be very pleased to be able to follow your class, even if my English is not the best :lol: :lol:

Just let us know how to sign up
You can register by going to the link in my top post and clicking on the registration button for the class or classes you want to attend.

shortnock

Post by shortnock » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:13 pm

Registered!!!!! Thanks for the headsup.
Refrain from computing the total number of poultry... before the process of incubation has fully materialized.

HawkeEye

Post by HawkeEye » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:42 am

Congrats
Deep in the woods of North Georgia

blh74

Post by blh74 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:45 am

ANA course
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (193.27 KiB) Viewed 398 times

Andy Hansen

Post by Andy Hansen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:11 pm

Major win. Glad your promoting
Andy

indian4

Post by indian4 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:43 pm

Very cool.
I hate this fracking coin...for now

playtime1

Post by playtime1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:45 am

Congrats to JB with the virtual webinar. I will try to watch it live, but a replay would be better. Tough to ear Mark 2 hours in the middle of a work day. :ugeek:

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:37 am

216 enrolled as of now. The limit is 500.