VAMView?

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
VamHelsing

VAMView?

Post by VamHelsing » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:33 am

A while back there was talk of a new one coming out? Any updates??

DHalladay

Re: VAMView?

Post by DHalladay » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:44 am

There may have been talk by somebody who wants it to come back, but I'm the one who put out every single issue and I have absolutely no intention of starting it back up. Sorry.
When in doubt... don't.

morganman

Post by morganman » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:18 am

Thanks Dennis; For Vv for all those yrs. last one 2015 & i have every yr issued.
I still use as a guide & reduce price/value 50% on most commons
A rotton shame we have no decent publication of values and or sales, that
is easily accesable and reputable.

My great idea is to have Squirrel & JR use their inherint powers and wisdom
to work diligently to develop one for us= IMHO Just saying!!!!!!!!!!!
:|

lioncutter

Post by lioncutter » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:47 am

Years ago in VW 1.0 someone (I can't remember name) developed a Google Doc for anyone to input their VAM data. It has all the major lists Top 100, Hot 50, WOW, etc...… This is where you can input your VAM sales or buys. This is NOT for cherry picking prices. It takes a few minutes to figure it out but anyone can enter their data. You cannot screw it up for anything can be corrected.
If enough VAMmers use this, it can create an up to date VAM pricing. Instead of one person, (like Dennis has) do all the work for everybody, you can do your part and as a collective VAM community we could have an up to date VAM pricing. You can also include all your private sales. This is today's technology that can solve a much needed solution to our VAM pricing and help the VAM hobby. Just saying.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=3
I may not be the best, but I do not know anyone better.

...kenny

Post by ...kenny » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:59 pm

morganman wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:18 am

My great idea is to have Squirrel & JR use their inherint powers and wisdom
to work diligently to develop one for us= IMHO Just saying!!!!!!!!!!!
Being 'called out', at least where I was raised, meant your word as a man has been challenged. Either you defend your word and you prove to the challenger that your true to it, or, you are actually, F.O.S. That being said, if the latter is true, also shows a complete lack of self respect for continuing this falsehood and now trying to throw shade on the fact with this quote. Crawl away and slither back to your hole, you have no respect for yourself, this hobby or the ones who actually contribute. Reminds me of the little tiny dog, running around your feet with a constant bark, begging for you to look down at it. Enough, go away!
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my.........Ah........Uhm........something, something, something..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Longstrider

Post by Longstrider » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:05 pm

Just checked it out. Without trying it, seems pretty simple to do. A lot of work for Peace dollar guys like me.. Thanks for the link and to whoever did the work setting this up. Well done.🐍

collectinsince65

Post by collectinsince65 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:20 pm

Thank you @lioncutter for posting the link.
May take me a while to figure it out.
But it looks like an awesome tool!

Longstrider

Post by Longstrider » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:00 pm

I guess I spoke to soon. How do I save this to my documents??I tried to add it as a share and I don't get the filled in document. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.🐍

Longstrider

Post by Longstrider » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:34 pm

I got it. Figured it out myself.Thanks.🐍

alefzero

Post by alefzero » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:57 pm

A price guide is forthcoming. We want it to be as right as can be and dynamic as market conditions change.

As for articles, JB does do some in the VAM-e and we can easily accommodate future ones at the Registry Server. I have found some older ones, here and there, that were only in print form and will digitize as I can and with the authors' permissions of course. Maybe we can resurrect a journal at some point, but it would be bet as a digital pdf, rather than print. The problem always is that it requires commitments from many people for content and nobody in this is paid.

I hope those who have considered doing die studies take the current crisis down time to work on those. We might be able to advance VAMs significantly over the period.

vampicker

Post by vampicker » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:09 pm

I was a frequent contributor to VAMview, and I miss the venue.
Thanks for the attempted insult. I wear it with honor.
often the crusher of hopes and dreams

impairedsquirrel

Post by impairedsquirrel » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:00 pm

vampicker wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:09 pm
I was a frequent contributor to VAMview, and I miss the venue.
Thanks for the attempted insult. I wear it with honor.
I tried to wear mine, but the damn thing fell off. :lol:
I go totally NUTS for WOW! VAMs!! Or is that from WOW! VAMs?

Longstrider

Post by Longstrider » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:28 pm

I don't know who is in charge of this link, if anybody. My question is are we OK with raw and VSS slabbed coins? I buy most of my coins from sellers here. They are beyond reproach.🐍

...kenny

Post by ...kenny » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:03 am

Squirrell & Jr
Sent: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:26 pm
Recipient: ...kenny

I need not prove anything to anyone, as this harrassment has lasted 10 yr plus.
Several short yrs ago i proved here and to Franklin that my stated 2- 1881 o/s ms63
EDS with pics from my e bay site. That shut em up for a while then then the crap
started all over again. I sold both stellar vams to Andy Hansen along with several more
over time.

With bullies /power trippers like these here i will not contribute , due to continued
harassment both bold and subtle. I continue to post as to not give in to this type
of character assinations. yes; both these guys are considered stellar members here,
so it is with great sadness they both continue to stoop to low levels, unbecomming
of such power trippers.

I remember you being in this good ol boys group as well-

Things will never change, and i for one refuse to stoop to their levels, lambasting
my posts and answers to posts. They simply could STOP STOP STOP thus
defusing any further harassment/negative issues.

I will be glad when i sell all my collection- and am truly burned out by this type
of people.

You have zero credibility with me Scott. Until you prove me wrong, your a liar and a fake. From henceforth, you are' the little tiny dog faced pony soldier'...
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my.........Ah........Uhm........something, something, something..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

JohnGoldsmith

Post by JohnGoldsmith » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:03 am

Too many people want somebody to do something for free and expect them to keep doing it. AKA you on VAMview.
I loved it when Dennis was doing it. But if John had to do it, John would not like it – because of time and the jokers who would piss him off about something.

JohnGoldsmith

Post by JohnGoldsmith » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:25 am

For you serious VAMview collectors.
The warm fuzzy Easter Bunny, has a JUDD copy of VAMview, in MS70+, DMPL with a mint error, from the Chief VAMview Typist.
More than likely, the only original specimen that survived the delete function of the world renowned "Mr. Dennis Halladay's" typing skill's. How can anyone put a price on such a document?
I place it next to an original Magna Carta in the terms of rarity. It makes the 1921 D VAM 1X, common as dirt.