Walk Me Through It...

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
LorenAlbert

Re: Walk Me Through It...

Post by LorenAlbert » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:31 pm

The bow really does look the same though, doesn't it? Want to see it?
Don't I already have this stage? I can't remember. Like "They might be Giants." When George C. Scott meets Watson.

TheYokel

Post by TheYokel » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:33 pm

LorenAlbert wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:31 pm
The bow really does look the same though, doesn't it? Want to see it?
Don't I already have this stage? I can't remember.
It's not a stage... Hang on...
It's coming... :popcorn:

CascadeChris

Post by CascadeChris » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Loren, correct me if I'm wrong but the 36B was listed due to the beveling above the cap right? Haven't looked at that progression in a while. No beveling (a listable feature) and it would have just reverted back to a 36. Personally, I dig it. The whole reverting back thing is a confusing part of the hobby especially for newbies so that kind of makes the progression cool imo.

At the ANA I saw a 36B in a GSA softpack. Tried to spy even a faint hint of the E so I could buy it but couldn't. I'll see the dealer at Dalton though and it's been gnawing at me enough to where I just might buy it for fun cuz if I can get it in better lighting (show lighting was HORRIBE even for typically show lighting,) and there is even a faint E, how cool would it be to have an E -even a 36A- in GSA plastic..
Alonzi VW 2.0!

TheYokel

Post by TheYokel » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:59 pm

CascadeChris wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:44 pm
Loren, correct me if I'm wrong but the 36B was listed due to the beveling above the cap right? Haven't looked at that progression in a while. No beveling (a listable feature) and it would have just reverted back to a 36. Personally, I dig it. The whole reverting back thing is a confusing part of the hobby especially for newbies so that kind of makes the progression cool imo.

At the ANA I saw a 36B in a GSA softpack. Tried to spy even a faint hint of the E so I could buy it but couldn't. I'll see the dealer at Dalton though and it's been gnawing at me enough to where I just might buy it for fun cuz if I can get it in better lighting (show lighting was HORRIBE even for typically show lighting,) and there is even a faint E, how cool would it be to have an E -even a 36A- in GSA plastic..
I've been tempted to take an attachable book light to coin shops in the area, to hook on the counter and have an LED daylight spectrum to look under. There's one true coin shop and 2 pawn shops that deal on eBay and B&M, and all of them have horribly dim yellow ceiling lighting.

LorenAlbert

Post by LorenAlbert » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:05 pm

CascadeChris wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:44 pm
I will be interested in what you see. I use a Schneider 10X L1 (good luck trying to acquire an L2) with Cree and Aputure studio lighting.

Yes, many folks see merit in one die pair can only equal one VAM and subs. And merit in not reverting to base. In both cases, I see the merit, but believe the result is a subversion of attribution. Nonetheless, LVA, himself, appears to have abandoned reverting in favor of acknowledging the progression. I think doing so is a slippery slope toward abandoning the original rules of attribution. VAMming appears to be moving away from attribution in favor of identification. Personally, I prefer identification, but identification is not attribution.

LateDateMorganGuy

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:52 pm

I can't believe that I am going to respond to this, but here goes.

If the E does not jump out at you and hit you in the face when you look with a 10X loupe, then it is not there. If you have to slant the coin, use different photo lighting, different photo angles, use overlays, and try to convince yourself that it IS there, it is NOT there. It is really that simple. Folks have tried to relay this to you.

If you want to get the next clashed E listed, try finding an unpolished reverse die of this one.
Attachments
ARS_1890_CC_1.jpg
ARS_1890_CC_1.jpg (111.53 KiB) Viewed 2205 times

TheYokel

Post by TheYokel » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:00 am

The 89o 1A1?

TheYokel

Post by TheYokel » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:40 am

LateDateMorganGuy wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:52 pm
I can't believe that I am going to respond to this, but here goes.

If the E does not jump out at you and hit you in the face when you look with a 10X loupe, then it is not there. If you have to slant the coin, use different photo lighting, different photo angles, use overlays, and try to convince yourself that it IS there, it is NOT there. It is really that simple. Folks have tried to relay this to you.

If you want to get the next clashed E listed, try finding an unpolished reverse die of this one.
Been going through my research binder while the Mrs and BB rest up.

Closest one I have to that location is this one... ;)

impairedsquirrel

Post by impairedsquirrel » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:13 pm

Aaaaaannnndd... nothin'.
I go totally NUTS for WOW! VAMs!! Or is that from WOW! VAMs?

CascadeChris

Post by CascadeChris » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:01 am

That whatever the hell that picteal is that you're seeing doesn't even look like an E ant. Come on man. And you're even just blatantly disregarding what Alan said above about needing to find angles. If you cant show it clearly in a single picture, it ain't there, just like if you're louping it and you need to keep angling it to try to find something, it ain't there. You really are doing yourself no favors, hell, you're actually hurting yourself with this obsession verging on destructive addiction at this point.
Alonzi VW 2.0!

TheYokel

Post by TheYokel » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:17 am

CascadeChris wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:01 am
That whatever the hell that picteal is that you're seeing doesn't even look like an E ant. Come on man. And you're even just blatantly disregarding what Alan said above about needing to find angles. If you cant show it clearly in a single picture, it ain't there, just like if you're louping it and you need to keep angling it to try to find something, it ain't there. You really are doing yourself no favors, hell, you're actually hurting yourself with this obsession verging on destructive addiction at this point.
50 hours couped up in a recovery room and no sleep in 3 days. You're lucky I'm not posting E's on Franklins :lol: ... I'm just killing time while the baby and Mrs rest and I'm on fireguard.

Oh but picteals? C'mon, gimme a little more credit than that :lol: ...

I was just showing the raised outline of whatever it is. Definitely not daffy duck on my Morgan :)

impairedsquirrel

Post by impairedsquirrel » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:05 pm

Two things:
A. I don’t have an E either
B. Neither do those last pics... again...
I go totally NUTS for WOW! VAMs!! Or is that from WOW! VAMs?

TheYokel

Post by TheYokel » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:03 pm

And last but not least this month, and then the purge is just about completed...

A little deformed, but solid transfer?

hairfield1

Post by hairfield1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:07 pm

Maybe you should get out your sharpie pen and draw a E on the coin :roll:

TheYokel

Post by TheYokel » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:28 pm

hairfield1 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:07 pm
Maybe you should get out your sharpie pen and draw a E on the coin :roll:
Oh I still need some more time with it before I can say what it might be. The VAM was clashed so many times I've had to hunt down 4 different stages just to figure out when it appeared during the progression.

Just a neat transfer at the moment... Have to map out the marks on the first couple clash events to know which way this clash event lines up.

Might see it again in ~3 months or so... :lol:

CascadeChris

Post by CascadeChris » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:12 pm

You really are shooting yourself in the foot bigtime Ant. If you were to show at least some semblance of responsibe academic vigor twohawks might take you under his wing. Not to speak for him of course, more of trying [yet again] to nail home a point to you.
Alonzi VW 2.0!

lured_in_again

Post by lured_in_again » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:44 pm

This thread almost makes me want to dig out my 1889 CC with the "E" that's not there.... almost, but I won't do it since there is no "E"

TheYokel

Post by TheYokel » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:51 pm

lured_in_again wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:44 pm
This thread almost makes me want to dig out my 1889 CC with the "E" that's not there.... almost, but I won't do it since there is no "E"
It would be just about in the same location as the 84p 2A...

...you know you want to...

CascadeChris

Post by CascadeChris » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:52 pm

lured_in_again wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:44 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You win the VAMmernet for today!
Alonzi VW 2.0!

TheYokel

Post by TheYokel » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:19 pm