VAM? 1922 S Pease obv. berry clash, rev. clashes

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
CascadeChris

Re: VAM? 1922 S Pease obv. berry clash, rev. clashes

Post by CascadeChris » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:03 pm

Come on Jimmy. None of that stuff on the new VW please. We have seen a marked increase in new memebers and new people getting the VAM bug. Aside the occasional infighting clashes (which should also not happen but it can be unavoidable at times) please limit any negativity. Thanks. And this goes for everyone, myself included. Personal grousing or venting serves absolutely zero purpose here :)
Alonzi VW 2.0!

crabscrape

Post by crabscrape » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:59 pm

I'm rather new to collecting Morgan/Peace dollars. I've been collecting ancient coins for a long time. While I don't (yet) have a VAM discovery I do have a few of my rare ancient coins published in three books, one being a plate coin listed in the British Museum Roman Provincial Series, which is like having a VAM discovery to me.

Mark,

Didn't mean to upset you. Seem you have been around a lot ( I do have a few of my rare ancient coins published in three books, one being a plate coin listed in the British Museum Roman Provincial Series, which is like having a VAM discovery to me.) and had a clashed 22S that might have a letter transfer. Good Luck to you! Jeff is in the house!!! :D

davidkclose

Post by davidkclose » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:00 am

Sorry you didn't get a new listing. Keep on looking, there are plenty of new varieties waiting to be discovered, but most will be either minor or rare.
You did the right thing by asking about the coin here first. I have had the experience of several occasions of Leroy saying a variety is "too minor", only to have him list is later when another VAMmer sends it in.
For me, I have plenty of discoveries to my credit, so I generally won't send one in if I think it is minor.
Hope this is helpful.
David