General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Here's a monster checkmark pulled out of the local junk coin bin. I know it's a 29, but could it be 29-A? Please help. Thanks.
- JDL_1880_P_V_29_A_5.jpg (118.76 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
- JDL_1880_P_V_29_A_4.jpg (149.8 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
- JDL_1880_P_V_29_A_3.jpg (172.06 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
- JDL_1880_P_V_29_A_2.jpg (158.65 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
- JDL_1880_P_V_29_A_1.jpg (142.79 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
I don't really understand the comment about the partial n clash and the delisting of 29A.
The obverse was used for the VAM-53. Then it clashed the first time and is the 53A. It clashed a second time and is a double clashed 53A (same VAM just looks a little different). A different reverse was then paired with the 53A obverse and this became the VAM-29/29A. So all 29s have a partial n clash. I think the confusion on the 29/29A listing (and delisting) is due to the fact that the VAM-29 was discovered before the VAM-53 and 53A.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.