restore or delete

General discussion board about VAMs, but no buy/sell offers
Mhomei

restore or delete

Post by Mhomei » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:48 pm

please delete all of my compilations on all pages. since you dont have control over people blowing up
the comps than I need admin to either delete mine or restore to the original sizes.

all of my comps loaded onto the original VW1 site have the word "COMP OR COMPS" in the file name

copy from creative commons page
Under the following terms:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.

ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

admins were specifically told not migrate my comps to the new site before the migration if the they resize the originals,

I have asked for the third time now and I would appreciate it being facilitated immediately.

Mitch aka Mhomei

Mhomei

Re: restore or delete

Post by Mhomei » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:43 pm

What happens if someone applies a Creative Commons license to my work without my knowledge or authorization?
CC alerts prospective licensors they need to have all necessary rights before applying a CC license to a work. If that is not the case and someone has marked your work with a CC license without your authorization, you should contact that person and tell them to remove the license from your work. You may also wish to contact a lawyer. Creative Commons is not a law firm and cannot represent you or give you legal advice, but there are lawyers who have identified themselves as interested in representing people in CC-related matters.

seems relatively clear that my request is reasonable since admins at SSDC knowingly transfered my photos without authorization.

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:52 am

Migrating a work from one site to another does not constitute transferring a license. If you want your pictures removed, do it yourself or wait for someone else to get around to it. The original composites will not be put back as composites. If someone wants to split them up and upload them individually, let me know, and I'll provide guidelines for doing this.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

Mhomei

Post by Mhomei » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:04 am

John
I am not a member of VW2, when you announced the changes at old VW1 what you were going to do to my photo comps
I specifically said I did not want my images smashed down and that I dont want them to be migrated.

you were not authorized to alter my photos and place them onto the new VW2, also the reuse of my modified photos needed to be individually identified as be being modified from the original. the 2nd thing that you did not do.

in my previous attempt to rectify this issue you said you would take care of it when you had time, now you are saying you refuse to do it. I took your word in faith that you would take care of it but I see now your word means nothing.

Mhomei

Post by Mhomei » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:10 pm

To the powers that be on VW2 and at SSDC : I copied word for word straight from 4.0 license page

How can I lose my rights under a Creative Commons license?
If that happens, how do I get them back?
All of the CC licenses terminate if you fail to follow the license conditions. If this happens, you no longer have a license to
use the material.

In the 4.0 licenses, your rights under the license are automatically reinstated if you correct this failure within 30 days of discovering the violation (either on your own or because the licensor or someone else has told you). Under the 3.0 and earlier licenses, there is no automatic reinstatement.

If you have lost your rights under a CC license and are not entitled to automatic reinstatement, you may regain your rights under the license if the licensor expressly grants you permission. You cannot simply re-download the material to get a new license.

Note that you may still be liable for damages for copyright infringement for the period where you were not in compliance with the license.

from Mhomei
I have tried to give every opportunity for VW2 and the SSDC to do the right thing. if VW2 and the SSDC lose there CC
license protection for everyones work on the new site then it would be solely on them.

morganman

Post by morganman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:46 pm

This issue comes up from time to time.

i strongly suggest we all here just calm a bit- before lambasting others about rights etc

feels like POWER TRIPPING me of which i hate worse than anything

I caught wholly H----- a few yrs back - as i un knowingly - used VW pics/text improperly
on my e bay. listings. I apoligized and learned how to properly include
pics and info withot infringment issues.
At that time my apoligies were not accepted and 2 members here would not give me any
break etc.
So i say- a chillin pill is best- keep the ego's outta the mix
:|

LorenAlbert

Post by LorenAlbert » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:32 pm

A photographer's original work, bearing the photographer's name and style, was reprocessed against the photographer's wishes. Failed facsimiles of the original work, still bearing the photographer's name, remain on display against the photographer's wishes.

LateDateMorganGuy

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:02 am

Mitch submitted his work voluntarily on VW1.0. Many of us have done so on VW1.0. Mitch seems to be only one disgruntled contributor (okay, maybe there are silent disgruntled people who feel the same way). He was given the opportunity to be a Board Member of the SSDC, and resigned quickly. If he wanted change and the opportunity to contribute to the organization to make it better, he had his chance.

I don't get this public display of legalize. This should have been taken place in a PM mode from the git-go. Maybe it was and I was not privy to it. I am not a lawyer, so I don't understand the ins&outs of this. But this seems petty.

crabscrape

Post by crabscrape » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:28 am

I can remember a few years back that Lance got kicked from the site for resizing pics!

Mhomei

Post by Mhomei » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:41 am

Alan
I posted my ORIGINAL photos on VW1 that were clearly marked with my name and variety. And met all of VW 1 standards.

What you see here is modified photos
By the administrator when written notice giving prior to the migration to not use my
Photos as he planned to for the migration.

Then I notified him here in writing that it was improper use and even copy and pasted
The exact words of the license that he is supposed to be working under and compliant with.

It may seem petty to you but to me everytime I open a page that I contributed
High resolution photos on over 400 images
of die markers reduced to 400 is embarrassing and not compliant with CC
agreements he is suppose to follow.

All is copy and pasted in this thread and is written in common language.

Jimmy
Yes he was for far less number of images.

MorganMan
I do not need to chill, I am not mad or angry
And all of my original works will be made available Free from size restrictions just not on this site. Hopefully linked on the appropriate pages.

Loren
You are correct and that is the bottom line

RMG1883CC

Post by RMG1883CC » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:42 am

And all of my original works will be made available Free from size restrictions just not on this site. Hopefully linked on the appropriate pages.

HOPE SO !!!!!!!!

Other SSDC issues like broken Promises have made things a bit touchy,,,,,,, ask NJ and JA.

IN THE LOOP

LateDateMorganGuy

Post by LateDateMorganGuy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:49 am

Splinter factions are always interesting. It is too bad that they exist, but they do for various reasons. This is a fact of life and will never be resolved. Too bad folks that were given a chance to contribute decided not to. But life will go on for all involved.

LorenAlbert

Post by LorenAlbert » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:11 am

Too bad folks, who gave VW a chance to benefit from their contributions, stopped contributing. The Golden Rule begs a solution to "restore or delete."

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:48 am

Resampling an image does not constitute creating a derived work or adaptation. There is no novel art or creativity in resampling that could be copyrighted.

Mhomei

Post by Mhomei » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:53 am

John B.
Resampling an image is often referred to as Scaling up adds new pixels by interpolating the color information of the existing pixels only and the resulting image will appear blurry. Scaling down removes pixels and thus loses image information.

You changed the originals, and your changes
Would need to be in text by each image.

Just read the CC license that YOU are working under.

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:30 pm

rodmeader

Post by rodmeader » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:47 pm

Why not just delete Mitch's photographs? Sounds reasonable.

morganman

Post by morganman » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 pm

Delete the darn stuff before this becomes a major pissing contest. Who cares????
The SSDC has has head in sand on several points in past- and i personally am not a fan
of the NON ACTIONS

I smell a rat here,as theres most likely way more to the story. This is why i dont join ASSN'S
GROUPS- ETC To Much BULLSHIT We want more members here and this doesnt help anything
:|

andywoj00

Post by andywoj00 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:16 pm

rodmeader wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:47 pm
Why not just delete Mitch's photographs? Sounds reasonable.
Better yet, restore the throttled pics back to their original resolution. Deleting them robs the entire community of the chance to use them, regardless of looking at them via PC, phone, etc.

Mhomei

Post by Mhomei » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:16 pm

John
Mitch is the original creator under CC 2.0-
John is working under 4.0 license please remember this. you adapted the photos to a point of non usefulness
each and every photo in each comp is labeled with my name and the variety. so each and every photo would need to givin attributtion and explain what change from the original was made in text.

When is my use considered an adaptation?
Whether a modification of licensed material is considered an adaptation for the purpose of CC licenses depends primarily on the applicable copyright law. Copyright law reserves to an original creator (Mitch not John) the right to create adaptations of the original work. CC licenses that allow for adaptations to be shared—all except BY-ND and BY-NC-ND—grant permission (I did not grant permission,I specifically ask you to NOT migrate my compositions.) to others to create and redistribute adaptations when doing so would otherwise constitute a violation of applicable copyright law. Generally, a modification rises to the level of an adaptation under copyright law when the modified work is based on the prior work but manifests sufficient new creativity to be copyrightable, such as a translation of a novel from one language to another, or the creation of a screenplay based on a novel.