Ebay purchases

Post advertisements for direct or eBay sales, want lists, and items for trade here
Forum rules
Commercial posts may be made here. Group all coin sales under a single thread. All offers to sell must include a price. Please edit your posts after selling items to keep this board cleaned up. Do not post your phone number or address here, for security reasons.
lured_in_again

Ebay purchases

Post by lured_in_again » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:32 pm

Figure a few people on this site make occasional purchases through Ebay. Noticed a couple months back that they were applying sales tax to accounts without a prior sales tax exemption on their account. It has taken some phone time and a lot of messaging to them, but I was able to convince them to refund sales tax from silver and gold purchases on my account as my state no longer taxes those items. (googled and found it is that way in 38 states) So, just offering a heads up to anyone that may not have noticed that this had begun @ Ebay......

hairfield1

Re: Ebay purchases

Post by hairfield1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:23 am

I better check Virginia sales tax laws since I bought 80 coins off eBay and Great Collections
this year so far. :(

hairfield1

Post by hairfield1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:37 am

How does one contact? What email address or phone number did you use please

lured_in_again

Post by lured_in_again » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:07 pm

I used this link and eventually was put in touch with their "tax exemption team" through a phone call or two and their Ebay messaging system. https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/paying ... es?id=4771

hairfield1

Post by hairfield1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:14 pm

Thanks for the info. I was able to chat with a ebay person and she was a big help.