PayPal changes for gold sales...

Post advertisements for direct or eBay sales, want lists, and items for trade here
Forum rules
Commercial posts may be made here. Group all coin sales under a single thread. All offers to sell must include a price. Please edit your posts after selling items to keep this board cleaned up. Do not post your phone number or address here, for security reasons.
Kurt28

PayPal changes for gold sales...

Post by Kurt28 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:29 pm

I just got my notice from PayPal indicating some policy changes for the sales of gold.
Though I haven't sold many gold coins on ebay, I'm stocking up with the intention of doing so.
I'm not sure how the new policies may affect me.
Any input is appreciated.
PAyPAL2.jpg
PAyPAL2.jpg (173.27 KiB) Viewed 351 times

DHalladay

Re: PayPal changes for gold sales...

Post by DHalladay » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:16 pm

I'm amazed. I'm also curious as heck to know the back story about why eBay is making this (in my opinion) extreme change – one that could/will wipe out many thousands of listings.
When in doubt... don't.

Longstrider

Post by Longstrider » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:20 pm

I could be wrong but I believe ebay has reversed this decision, for know. I can only believe all these crazy ideas are a result of some kind of pressure from somewhere? I don't want to say it. Good luck.🐍

messydesk
Site Admin

Post by messydesk » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:01 pm

EBay and PP aren't currently in bed together anymore, although eBay does force you to accept PP. I imagine eBay will have guidance regarding listing of gold bullion, and PP will have to clarify that they strictly mean gold bullion or ETFs, and not numismatic gold or jewelry. Meanwhile, I wouldn't accept PP for anything gold.
Welcome to the VAMWorld 2.0 discussion boards. R.I.P. old VAMWorld.

jgrinz

Post by jgrinz » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:41 pm

If I am reading this correctly I think this pertains to their "automatic seller protection".
Not that gold cannot be bought or sold but if there is a problem, you cannot rely on them or theit seller protection to help you out of the situation albeit
fake / counterfeit coin etc. ( I would assume though it says seller / I think they would want to put themselves in a non liable position on both part, buyer and seller )
Is my reading of this incorrect ???

vampicker

Post by vampicker » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:47 pm

That nearly $200 drop mid-March might have a lot to do with it. Gotta wonder how many people buying bullion tried to make returns because the market didn't run in their favor for a few days.
often the crusher of hopes and dreams

morganman

Post by morganman » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:11 pm

Both
:|

morganman

Post by morganman » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Both Fleabay & PP have made periodic changes that pretty much try to protect
Buyers, while leaving sellers in cold and more screwed than before.
30 day returns on coins is totally crazy & 15 days to long as well.
Yet, E bay allows scoundrel large sellers to continue to fleece buyers - one such
large seller is HSTURN, selling Morgan $1 rolls for some 10-15 yrs that come back from
TPG as questionable authenticity. E bay refuses to investigate further after umteen complaints
Best fakes ever- and seller throws a few real morgans in each roll to cloud any claims
This and credit card fraud is why large great dealers quit doing e bay yrs ago, never to return,
causing e bay to become a buyers venue, leaving mass sellers to seek other alternatives
:|