Any collection buyers out there?

Post advertisements for direct or eBay sales, want lists, and items for trade here
Forum rules
Commercial posts may be made here. Group all coin sales under a single thread. All offers to sell must include a price. Please edit your posts after selling items to keep this board cleaned up. Do not post your phone number or address here, for security reasons.
impairedsquirrel

Any collection buyers out there?

Post by impairedsquirrel » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:29 am

Considering selling my collection, minus my WOW! and Super CD sets... anyone out there that could be a serious buyer? Wouldn't be giving it away, but I think I'd be plenty fair...
I go totally NUTS for WOW! VAMs!! Or is that from WOW! VAMs?

JohnGoldsmith

Re: Any collection buyers out there?

Post by JohnGoldsmith » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:20 pm

70.00 for the lot.

...kenny

Post by ...kenny » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:23 pm

Don't forget to have it shipped RED, at seller's cost!... :lol:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my.........Ah........Uhm........something, something, something..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

keydates

Post by keydates » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

What vans are you selling?
Do you have any that I might use to upgrade my sets in pcgs holders?
Let me know
Thanks larry

morganman

Post by morganman » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:35 pm

Nice to see you selling as well !!
:|

impairedsquirrel

Post by impairedsquirrel » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:24 am

keydates wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm
What vans are you selling?
Do you have any that I might use to upgrade my sets in pcgs holders?
Let me know
Thanks larry
Larry, let's see what I got in the lot...
Looks like an 89 AWD Astrovan in burgundy and a 96 Econovan in white, both are real runners! :lol:
Sorry, couldn't resist...
I doubt I have anything that would upgrade a collector of your stature and I'm looking for a single lot buyer anyhow.

impairedsquirrel

Post by impairedsquirrel » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:34 am

So here is what I came up with:
527 silver dollars
For the ones that aren't any VAM of interest I used the PCGS price guide @ 71.4%
For all the notable VAMs I used the only guide we got @ 50%, which I figure works out well in the end because while some are less than that, some are more. VAMs that don't have much premium (most) become $25-30 in MS63, for example, and MS 78cc's that have modest premiums at half? Also, VAMs like a 78P v9 or 01P v7 at half? This also includes my discovery VAMs and WOW! plates that I've upgraded.
I think it all works out well for the buyer.
So the price I came to was $40,000, but I also have some slabbed type coins that I'll throw in free (Walkers, Franklins, SLQ in 62FH, Barber dime, Washingtons, etc., probably around 40 coins)

I'm firm on the price, but can work out something to allow a buyer to see the collection before any decision is made.
Anyone interested?

JohnGoldsmith

Post by JohnGoldsmith » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:09 am

impairedsquirrel wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:34 am
So here is what I came up with:
527 silver dollars
For the ones that aren't any VAM of interest I used the PCGS price guide @ 71.4%
For all the notable VAMs I used the only guide we got @ 50%, which I figure works out well in the end because while some are less than that, some are more. VAMs that don't have much premium (most) become $25-30 in MS63, for example, and MS 78cc's that have modest premiums at half? Also, VAMs like a 78P v9 or 01P v7 at half? This also includes my discovery VAMs and WOW! plates that I've upgraded.
I think it all works out well for the buyer.
So the price I came to was $40,000, but I also have some slabbed type coins that I'll throw in free (Walkers, Franklins, SLQ in 62FH, Barber dime, Washingtons, etc., probably around 40 coins)

I'm firm on the price, but can work out something to allow a buyer to see the collection before any decision is made.
Anyone interested?
You was getting my attention until the free Franklins was added.

PacificWR

Post by PacificWR » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:54 pm

impairedsquirrel wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:29 am
Considering selling my collection, minus my WOW! and Super CD sets... anyone out there that could be a serious buyer? Wouldn't be giving it away, but I think I'd be plenty fair...
Hey Rob,

Are you taking a break from collecting Morgan's?

impairedsquirrel

Post by impairedsquirrel » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:11 pm

PacificWR wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:54 pm
impairedsquirrel wrote:
Hey Rob,

I kinda think I'm already in a break... really haven't been able to find enough to keep my interest for a while. I am keeping my two key sets and I'll always be looking, but will head in other directions for a while.

VamHelsing

Post by VamHelsing » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:23 am

Can I pay you $1 a year for 40,000 years? Great bargain for someone with more $$$
than me.

Options25

Post by Options25 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:44 am

Do you have a list of coins? Jim

PacificWR

Post by PacificWR » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:37 am

impairedsquirrel wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:11 pm
PacificWR wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:54 pm
impairedsquirrel wrote:
Hey Rob,

I kinda think I'm already in a break... really haven't been able to find enough to keep my interest for a while. I am keeping my two key sets and I'll always be looking, but will head in other directions for a while.
Hope you come back down the road.

impairedsquirrel

Post by impairedsquirrel » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Jim, sort of... it's incomplete and practically indecipherable, but if you PM your email I can send it to you.

Wayne, I'll still be around to be a PITA. ;)

impairedsquirrel

Post by impairedsquirrel » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:39 pm

So, a little update:
The actual total number of silver dollars is at around 600 now. Roughly half of those are raw (most of the half) or in details holders (a few dozen of the half). These 300ish dollars I priced at a flat $20 ea. when I came up with my sell price. Those 300ish dollars now melt for $22 each. Among those are things like an 89-O v1a1 in XF45cleaned, an 88-O Oval O in AU58cleaned, a 93-CC, a Seated dollar, a Trade dollar and several rarer date, albeit low grade, Morgan dollars. There are several GSA dollars (all non-CC), with one being a fairly rare MS 84-P in a soft-pack. There is a complete certified Peace dollar set that is all in MS, other than the 34-S and includes a 34-D v3a in PCGS64 and a 24-P v8a in PCGS64. The price has been bumped up from $40k to $41k, but only because one of the coins I added was an 86-O v19a in PCGS62+ (finest known of only a few). Another coin that is included is the 1901-O v36a discovery piece. This is notable because the 36a is a strongly clashed variety that I discovered 10ish years ago in a series that ALL clash junkies look at and a second example has yet to be reported.
Another thing about the raw dollars: Imagine walking into a B&M where they have a junk box with a "$20 Ea." tag on it, but when you start looking through it, between BUs, better dates and good VAMs, you find that there is about an 80% "hit rate in the box!! I mean, you'd take every coin in the box just because it's under melt, but then to find so much good stuff on top of it?!? Yeah, that's what it'd be like.

So there's my updated pitch. 600ish Morgans, most bought for the VAM or because they are better date type stuff, half certified/half raw for $41000. Still firm on the price, but the price has gone from "steal" to "OMFG!!".