O/T Silver Trading Info

Post advertisements for direct or eBay sales, want lists, and items for trade here
Forum rules
Commercial posts may be made here. Group all coin sales under a single thread. All offers to sell must include a price. Please edit your posts after selling items to keep this board cleaned up. Do not post your phone number or address here, for security reasons.
bobbyjenkins

O/T Silver Trading Info

Post by bobbyjenkins » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:04 pm

Everywhere I've purchased silver in the past is either listed as "out of stock" or products priced based at approximately $18 to $20/oz. I totally expect to pay a premium over spot but..... (for example) what should be today's fair market value of a $100 face value of 90% silver avg. circulated coins?

DHalladay

Re: O/T Silver Trading Info

Post by DHalladay » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:14 pm

At the current prices, no one is going to be willing to sell. It happens during every market meltdown.
When in doubt... don't.

Longstrider

Post by Longstrider » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:29 pm

My regular coin guy just called and said they are now closed. The city, Palm Springs, CA, shut every "non essential" business down. He wouldn't sell any bullion at these prices.

colwillys

Post by colwillys » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:25 pm

Now you can see the one-way dealers . When thing get better those are the a holes to stay away from .
I bought oil stocks and contracts today for less the silver ... Made big profit on oil contracts , thank you Scott .

Kurt28

Post by Kurt28 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:30 pm

I do not criticize my local B&M for treating stock exchange numbers as the fiction they are.
If you want to see how the free market works, go on ebay. $22+ per ounce is common.
Last week I bought all remaining Peace dollars, Franklin halves and Washington quarters.
By Monday, all I could get was $100 face value of Roosevelt dimes @ $11.55/face dollar.
By Tuesday, I could get one pound art rounds for $172. No ingots available for the last week.
If I could get more, I would.
But then I am an incredible pessimist and believe some conspiracy theories are worth reconsidering

Kurt28

Post by Kurt28 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:26 am

Week in review.
Thursday the 19th I asked the bank tellers if there were any restrictions on my withdrawl limit.
They looked at me like I had two heads. “Of course not.”
By Saturday the 21st, the lobby was closed. The drive thru was open, but there was a $1,000 limit on withdrawls. They blamed it on computers. Convenient, but not convincing.
About all my coin shop had was rolls of BU dimes at $1.30 each. I bought all I could.
On Wednesday the bank had lifted the ban on withdrawls, but the coin shop was closed by order of the Governor as it is a non-essential business.
Today I was greeted by a workman from the power company that wanted to install a Smart Meter.
Now I know what the Governor means by essential business.

My guess is that silver and gold will continue to rise as it is the guard against inflated fiat currency.
One day we will view these as the good old days.

Please let me know how the coin shops are doing in your area.
Attachments
Closed coin Shop.jpg
Closed coin Shop.jpg (31.93 KiB) Viewed 409 times

Longstrider

Post by Longstrider » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:54 pm

Coin shop in Palm Springs, about a one hour drive from me, closed about 2 weeks ago. The coin shop close by closed a couple of years ago. That is why I have to drive to P.S..

Kurt28

Post by Kurt28 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:20 am

I would think an explanation is in order.
Attachments
Silver 4 2 20.jpg
Silver 4 2 20.jpg (72.72 KiB) Viewed 332 times
silver17.gif
silver17.gif (15.78 KiB) Viewed 332 times